• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Install Error v4.5

eskinner@ourams

New Pleskian
Hi,
I am trying to install SiteBuilder stand alone version 4.5 and am getting the following error:

"There is a problem with this Windows Installer Package. A script requried for this installation to complete could not be run."

I am installing it on a Win2K3 machine with a user with administrative rights, IIS6.0, SQL2000. The installation appears to get almost to the end when it errors. There are no errors in the Event Viewer and I tried to look for logs but could not find any. Perhaps I am not looking in the correct location.

Could anyone please let me know if there are installation logs that I can take a look at?
Is anyone else having this issue?
Could someone please point me in the right direction as to what may be happening here?

Thank you very much in advance for your assistance.

Take Care,
Ed

---------UPDATE---------
Ok I tried to install this after installing .net 3.5 and now I am getting an error in the Event Viewer.
The Error message information is below:

Source: MsiInstaller
Event ID: 11720
Descrpition:
Product: Parallels Plesk Sitebuilder 4.5 for Windows -- Error 1720. There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A script required for this installation to complete could not be run. Contact your support personnel or package vendor. Custom action OnSuccessCA script error -2147024893, : Line 792, Column 8,

----ANOTHER UPDATE----
There is an error message that pops up after the installation that says...
Fatal error during installation. (Error code 1603) as Unable to execute "C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Install\SiteBuilder\4.5.0\SBInst.msi" REINSTALLMODE=dmus

Thoughts anyone?

Thanks in advance for your assistance!

------------ FIXED ---------------
I got it going...
There must have been something wrong with the web site that I was trying to publish to. As soon as I let sitebuilder pick its own web site it installed fine.

Hope this helps someone and thank you for your time!

The same problem here!

If you got a solution could you pls explain with more detail?? What do you mean with "As soon as I let sitebuilder pick its own web site it installed fine."? Where? How??

Thanks!

Back