• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Issue Install ImageMagick 7.1.1

totheinfinity

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Ubuntu 22.04
Plesk version and microupdate number
Hey there,

I can install the latest ImageMagick and Imagick versions in my server,

Also, when I add the compiled Imagick.so file to the modules of the correct PHP version ( /opt/plesk/php/8.2/lib/php/modules/imagick.so ) and add it to the php.ini of the correct PHP version ( /opt/plesk/php/8.2/etc/php.ini ) file and restart the PHP FPM and Apache.

Then, when I create a phpinfo.php file, I see that the Imagick is still compiled with the older version of ImageMagick ( ImageMagick 6.9.11-60 Q16 x86_64 ) and is usning the older version.

So, my only problem is, how can I make the Imagick use the latest version of ImageMagick that I just installed instead of older one ( ImageMagick 6.9.11-60 ) and that is all I want to know.

I hope I made it clear enough.

I am just asking how to point the Imagick to use the latest version of ImageMagick.

I read this thread, - Resolved - Plesk with ImageMagick 7.X from OS on Ubuntu 20.04

But it is still not clear for me, can anyone please guide me here?

imagick modules are provided at plesk from the respective package eg plesk-php81-imagick plesk-php82-imagick etc
and seem pre-compiled with a 6.9.x version of imagemagick as 7 is not y default installed at ubuntu 22.04 (not installed as well at almalinux i use).
Also i noticed that imagick.so is usually compiled with an earlier 6.9 version than the one i have from OS.

If you installed ImageMagick 7 at your system and then yo ucompiled imagick, it will be with the 7.
I think the error you made is that you add it at /opt/plesk/php/8.2/etc/php.ini and not at /opt/plesk/php/8.2/etc/php.d/imagick.ini?

Better rename new one to something else, like imagick_new.so and add it as extension to imagick.ini

Back