• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Install Older WordPress Version?

Mr Fett

Basic Pleskian
Hi everyone,

Does anyone know how to install older version of WordPress - version 3.7 has just come out and it is the only version I can install via the Plesk panel but unfortunately half of the themes out there only support up to 3.6

Thanks

Bob

Is there really no way to do this? This seems like a HUGE oversight on the part of Parallels. WordPress themes and Plugins (the best thing about WordPress) are rarely every up to date with the most recent version.

If you have WordPress 3.6 APS package - you can upload it here Tools & Settings > Application Vault > My Apps > Add App and then use it for installation.

It is simple. Click selected application (Wordpress) and then click "Select another version"
Applications - Parallels Plesk Panel 11.5.30.png

Sergey thank so much - I had no idea that clicking on the 'WordPress' link gave different options to clicking on install.

I had assumed if the option to install an older version was going to be anywhere, it would be under "Custom Install" but obviously not - I really feel Parallels need to work on the UX design when it comes to Plesk.

You can simply try to update the wordpress from admin panel Or manually remove files from root folder and remove DB from databases.

Back