1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Install Problems, Newer version installed?

Discussion in 'Plesk for Windows - 8.x and Older' started by KingJ, Jan 15, 2006.

1. KingJ

KingJ Guest

Hi,

I'm having some problems installing Plesk 7.5, during install it pops up with an error informing me that a newer version is supposedly installed on my server system. The only Swsoft / Plesk folder on my system is the install directory and there are no references to Plesk or Swsoft in the registry (another post suggested this was the issue)

Any ideas?

Thanks.

2. Gris@

Gris@ Guest

What version do you installing? You should install Plesk 7.5.6

3. JackL

JackL Guest

Perhaps there was an attempt to install Plesk earlier, however, in order to continue , you need to use Windows Installer Clean Up Utility to remove Windows Installer
    settings from your computer if a problem occurs. Although Windows Installer is
    designed to be very robust, Windows Installer can become damaged if any of the
    following issues occurs:

- Your computer's registry becomes corrupted.

- You or someone else inadvertently changes a registry setting that is
    used by Windows Installer and that causes a problem.

- There are multiple instances of Setup running at the same time, or
    an instance of Setup is "blocked."
    Bellow is a link to full article abou this utility
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;290301

John S.G.