• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question install ssl on plesk

peiman

New Pleskian
hello
i bought an ssl certificate from a site
i provided a *.cer and *.pem file to me but plesk accept just .key and .crt file

how can i install this ?!

Have a look at the content of your .pem file, it should contain the line:
-----BEGIN RSA PRIVATE KEY-----

This is the private key (.key). Copy and paste everything (including the ---BEGIN line and the ---END line) to the "private key" field in Plesk.

Do the same with the .cer file and copy & paste the content to the "Certifcate" field in Plesk.

Have a look at the content of your .pem file, it should contain the line:
-----BEGIN RSA PRIVATE KEY-----

This is the private key (.key). Copy and paste everything (including the ---BEGIN line and the ---END line) to the "private key" field in Plesk.

Do the same with the .cer file and copy & paste the content to the "Certifcate" field in Plesk.

i dont ahve private key
the ssl provider just send me a .pem file

Yes, that's why I said you should open the .pem and .cer file in a text editor and check the content. The private key might be in there.

How did you apply for a certificate? Usually you'll have to provide the certificate authority with a CSR (Certificate Signing Request) that is signed with your public key. And for this you would have to create a private key first. Please provide some details how and where you applied for a certificate.

i bought my ssl from certum.pl
in the account i can download files
thre are 4 times of pem file

1)RSA-SHA256
2)Certum Domain Validation CA SHA2
3)Certum Trusted Network CA
4)Certum CA

all 4 type have *.pem file have a style like this

-----BEGIN CERTIFICATE-----
XsgZlWCV24GIh4anIfmKsCfurZWOqyXx0Tv0oXB3Nig4qFWO
-----END CERTIFICATE-----

and a *.cer binary file

i read this to convert *.pem file
Convert .pem to .crt and .key

i can export a .crt file from .pem file but the private key not available!!
site have a document
CERTUM » Instructions SSL

but thay dont tell how can i get the files :|

Well, if your .pem file does not contain a key then you should ask Certum for help. You need to have a key before you can install your certificate.

On their website (CERTUM » How to buy an SSL certificate?) I see the following steps:

The process of generating the SSL certificate consists of the following stages:

Choosing a method for delivering the keys for the certificate
Entering certificate data in the form
Generating a pair of keys – recommended option (creating a pair of keys within the framework of the archives of a web browser or operating system)
CSR (Certificate Signing Request) – a request for signing the certificate generated on the server on which the SSL certificate will be installed

Did you create a key when your ordered the certificate? If so, where did you store it?

I think it's best you contact Certum support for help.

Back