• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Installation Error CentOS 5.4

J

Jaye

Hi This is a clean server and when I do the Installation I get this error can someone help.

Retrieving information about the installed packages...
Downloading the file PSA_8.6.0/dist-rpm-CentOS-5-i386/build-8.6.0-cos5-i386.hdr.gz: 10%..20%..30%..40%..50%..60%..70%..80%..90%..100% done.
Downloading the file PSA_8.6.0/update-rpm-CentOS-5-i386/update-8.6.0-cos5-i386.hdr.gz: 10%..20%..30%..40%..50%..60%..70%..80%..90%..100% done.
Downloading the file PSA_8.6.0/thirdparty-rpm-CentOS-5-i386/thirdparty-8.6.0-cos5-i386.hdr.gz: 11%..23%..32%..40%..52%..61%..73%..81%..90%..100% done.
Determining the packages that need to be installed.
ERROR: Unable to install the "psa-8.6.0-cos5.build86080722.00.i586 (b 0x94c6038 source=0x9183020 P:3868 R:125)" package.

The following could cause the installation failure:
Packages "mysql-5.0.45-7.el5.i386 (u 0x9c9bb28 source=0x9183110 P:118 R:45)" and "mysql-5.0.77-4.el5_5.3.i386 (s 0x90e2b28 source=0x9090908 P:118 R:45)" cannot be installed at the same time
because of the conflict on the file "/etc/ld.so.conf.d/mysql-i386.conf"

Not sure that this very old Plesk version 8.6 can be installed to latest Centos 5.4 version. Try to install latest Plesk 9.5.2 version there.

Because my server got hacked and I formated the drive and doing a reinstall and my licence is for 8 not 9

can you help Igor ?

Just try to use older version of OS for installation Plesk 8.6 version or contact your sales representative and upgrade license to 9.5 version.

What version shod I have ?

I don't have the money to upgrade i paid $2000 for this version with everything that came with it

Igor what is the comand to check and Fix Plesk installation. Like I said the server was hacked and when we reset the ssh password back the web seerver deos not start.

I know in my windows Plesk I have a utility that checks and fixes Security, Plesk files etc....

Thank you for the Help

It is Unix version and there is no such universal command for fixing all problems in Plesk. Logs should be investigated for complete fix. Contact support team if you cant do it by yourself.

If I had the cash to contact support I would not have waisted 2 days of my time Igor. The forum is here to help poor people like me that find themselves hacked because of a vunrability. As to the error when I try to start plesk here is what I get

[root@linux root]# service psa start
Starting xinetd service... done
Starting named service... done
Starting mysqld service... done
Starting qmail service... done
Starting courier-imap service... done
Starting postgresql service... done
Starting psa-spamassassin service... done
ERROR 1017 at line 1: Can't find file: 'DomainServices.MYD' (errno: 2)
websrvmng: Unable to query parameter by query select val from misc where param='apache_pipelog': Can't find file: 'misc.MYD' (errno: 2)
websrvmng: Unable to query parameter by query select val from misc where param='apache_pipelog': Can't find file: 'misc.MYD' (errno: 2)
websrvmng: Unable to query parameter by query select val from misc where param='restart_tomcat': Can't find file: 'misc.MYD' (errno: 2)
websrvmng: Unable to query parameter by query select val from misc where param='restart_tomcat': Can't find file: 'misc.MYD' (errno: 2)
websrvmng: Service /etc/init.d/httpd failed to start
websrvmng: Service /etc/init.d/httpd failed to start
Starting Plesk... failed
ERROR 1017 at line 1: Can't find file: 'misc.MYD' (errno: 2)
[root@linux root]#

Looks like there is corrupted psa database. I suggest you contact support team for fixing it.

Hi I installed a new server with centos 5.23 and that worked but I did a locates in my 8.2 damaged server for my key and found a file PLSK.XXXXXX.XXXX.sh but when I ran it it did not accept it.

I wrote sales Yesterday with my key number for replacement but have not heared back since I bought my 2 server licenses directelly from Swsoft direct they should help. How do I get my key from the old server if I did this wrong please.

AS to the old damaged server how much would it cost me to have them rebuild the database and get the server back up and running. As I told you before money is tight and we have 5% of the hosting customers we used to have and am not sure if they will stay after this mess.

Thanks

I can't say nothing about prices, money, etc. It is your sales responsibility. I'm only tech guy :) Try to call him. You can find phones of our offices on our site.

How about the rest of my question Igor. I have the key in the old server how do I retrive it please where do you save the key ?

How about the rest of my question Igor. I have the key in the old server how do I retrive it please where do you save the key ?

Retrieve it for what? This key is not compatible with 9.x Plesk version and will be upgraded automatically during Plesk upgrade process. Or it can be upgraded by your sales representative after your request. New key for Plek 9.x will be sent to you after upgrade.

I am confused I found 20 files in that folder all seem to be keys a lot with psa.kry.~13~ etc which one do I copy ? or do I copy the entire folder

Back