• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Installation errors -- Plesk 12 on CentOS 7

N_Vas

Basic Pleskian
I just installed Plesk 12 on CentOS 7 using the one-click-installer. It reported successful but also reported some issues, and I'm not sure if the issues are anything to worry about.

The first install failed due to a hostname issue, so I ran hostnamectl set-hostname <hostname> to correct that and re-ran the install. Possibly the installer saw the old errors when it reported that there were hostname issues (reported previous errors?)

I did get the " Congratulations! All stages of the installation/upgrade have been finished. psa is now running on your system."

But here were the reported errors:

**** Product perform-deferred-actions completed with warnings.

***** problem report *****
ERROR while trying to check the hostname
Check the error reason(see log file: /var/log/plesk/install/plesk_12.0.18_installation.log), fix and try again
STOP Bootstrapper 12.0.18 prep-install for BASE AT Mon May 4 13:10:46 EDT 2015: PROBLEMS FOUND
STOP Bootstrapper 12.0.18 perform-deferred-actions AT Mon May 4 13:23:57 EDT 2015
START -- installing AT Mon May 4 13:25:30 EDT 2015
Trying to install sendmail wrapper... shell-init: error retrieving current directory: getcwd: cannot access parent directories: No such file or directory
shell-init: error retrieving current directory: getcwd: cannot access parent directories: No such file or directory
shell-init: error retrieving current directory: getcwd: cannot access parent directories: No such file or directory
done

**** Package scriptlet completed successfully.

STOP -- installing AT Mon May 4 13:25:31 EDT 2015

I'm not sure about the Bootstrapper errors, and the sendmail issue, we will probably need to use sendmail.

Thanks

Back