• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Installation fails

JonesJunior

New Pleskian
cannot install plesk 11

get the following error

The system cannot find the file specified. (Error code 2) at StartService 'MySQL'
Failed to install 'C:\ParallelsInstaller\parallels\PANEL-WIN_11.0.9\dist-msi-Microsoft-2003-i386\mysql-server-configurator.msi': Fatal error during installation. (Error code 1603)
Error: Action sequence 'install: configuring MySQL server...' of package 'mysql-server-configurator' has been failed with code 1603

Similar problem here:

installing Upgrade Assistant...
Failed to install 'C:\ParallelsInstaller\parallels\PANEL-WIN_11.0.9\dist-msi-Microsoft-2003-i386\upgrade-assist.msi': Errore irreversibile durante l'installazione. (Error code 1603)
Error: Action sequence 'install: installing Upgrade Assistant...' of package 'upgrade-assist' has been failed with code 1603

If I check the log file it says:

Failed to install 'C:\ParallelsInstaller\parallels\PANEL-WIN_11.0.9\dist-msi-Microsoft-2003-i386\upgrade-assist.msi': Errore irreversibile durante l'installazione. (Error code 1603)
Action '<install-msi-package command-line='ADDLOCAL=ALL INSTALLDIR=&quot;[PLESK_INSTALLDIR]\Admin\bin&quot; ALLUSERS=1 ARPSYSTEMCOMPONENT=1 REBOOT=R' />' failed with error 1603
Error: Action sequence 'install: installing Upgrade Assistant...' of package 'upgrade-assist' has been failed with code 1603

I'm trying to update a 9.5.x version to 11.0.9 on Windows Web Server 2008 R2

Any suggestion will be appreciated...

What is your Windows version? Have you downloaded autoinstaller file from http://download1.parallels.com/Plesk/PP11/11.0/Windows/ai.exe ?

I did and re-downloaded it from the link you posted: it downloaded again alla packages and stopped with the same error. Now it says, on the installation upgrade page, that I have version 11.0.9 and that upgrades are available, but when I log into the control panel it shows again version 9.5 as nothing has been installed as I think...

No. I was really hoping to have heard from a plesk support agent by now !!!!

I am not a technical numpty but it does appear that installing software is never as easy as it should be... especially where Microsoft is concerned.

Back