• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Installation of Joomla failed

Bart_NL

Basic Pleskian
TITLE:
Installation of Joomla failed
PRODUCT, VERSION, OPERATING SYSTEM, ARCHITECTURE:
CentOS Linux 7.4.1708 (Core)‬
Plesk Onyx Version 17.8.5
PROBLEM DESCRIPTION:
When using the apps installer to install Joolma it produces an error that the permission is denied.​
STEPS TO REPRODUCE:
Go to: Domain.
Go to: Applications
Go to: Featured Applications
Near Joomla, click Install​
ACTUAL RESULT:
Error:

Code:
Installation of joomla at <URL> failed. terminate called after throwing an instance of 'boost::filesystem::filesystem_error'   what():  boost::filesystem::status: Permission denied: "/usr/local/psa/var/apspackages/04c27f02-652d-41ed-a0e5-304750fdb544/cache/htdocs"
EXPECTED RESULT:
Windows here I can give the URL to install Joomla.​
ANY ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
Fixed with the help of: Resolved - Wordpress Installation
But I never changed permissions after install so seems to be a bug.
YOUR EXPECTATIONS FROM PLESK SERVICE TEAM:
Confirm bug

As far as I know this issue has been fixed in Plesk Migrator long time ago. Have you tried to update/reinstall Plesk Migrator?

I installed the Plesk Migrator during the installation of Plesk 17.8.5 and running version: 2.11.4-0

I did not try to reinstall the Plesk Migrator and Plesk is not telling me there is an update..

Hello. I can not install Joomla or any other applications. In the application manager, the only available apps are DonNetNuke and BlogEngine. Is there a reason only these applicatons are available?

Hi Lucas,

the serverwide settings for your application vault can be defined at: => HOME > Applications & Databases > Application Vault

... while you are able to setup unique settings at your depending subscription, or the depending service plan for your domain, to make existent applications available. :)

Back