• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Installed Certificate not taken in account

kadoudal

Regular Pleskian
I bought a certificate (GoDaddy) for the domain mcs.sportecoaching.com (mcs is a subdomain...)
I installed it as stated in the manual - domain ecoachingsport.com IP address 88.191.202.35 exclusive
(purchased, downloaded, installed against the corresponding private key)

In the Web hosting setup of the domain ecoachingsport.com , I selected the certificate , so I have

IP Address : 88.191.202.35
Certificate : MultiCasServer (Repository of domain ecoachingsport.com)
SSL Support : checked

I restarted the server, but when trying to reach the url https://mcs.ecoachingsport.com ,
it is stated that the connection is not certified !

did I miss any important step... ?

note: as I had to change the previous IP address (shared) to a new one (exclusive) could it be a propagation delay issue ?

thanks for your feedback

I missed the point that the IP address must be exclusive, so I changed it.. but then the Certificate is not anymore available .. tied to the IP address... so I going to buy another one with an exclusive address .. good business selling certificates ....

Hi,

I don't think certificate is bound to an IP address. Certificate itself should is create for specific domain name (this cannot be changed) but you can assign this certificate to any IP address.

To change certificate on an IP address go to Home > IP addresses > select IP address and change certificate from drop down menu. You might need to restart apache to propagate changes.

reinstall Private Certificate after crash

thanks.. got it certificate >-< domain

what should we do when we have a crash and you need to reinstall the domain ? with the same name , same IP (exclusive) address ?
I understand all the Plesk certificate process the first time you buy a certificate (request, buy, install)
is it mandatory to keep in a safe place the generated keys used to buy the certificate ?

use case :
crash -> reinstall the mydomain w same IP address ( GoDaddy CA certificate mydomain.pem file in a safe place)
- what should we do within the Plesk console ?
- what if you don't have anymore the generated keys used for request/buy ? if we do another request, the bought certificate will not be OK, do Plesk generate another one with new request ? (from support or need to buy again?)

I believe this process is not clearly stated in the documentation.. or I missed it

erwin

Back