• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Locked out of server because SSL certificate was revoked (but cert is still valid)

Server operating system version
Linux / Centos
Plesk version and microupdate number
Hi,
I can't access Plesk server because Plesk has revoked my SSL certificate (NET::ERR_CERT_REVOKED) (GoDaddy, valid until October 2023). How can I fix this issue. I tried using the Support, but I can't because they are asking for Plesk license key, which I don't know because it's on a Google Clound instance and was pre-installed.

I tried connecting with a specific domain or with the IP address, same result.

What should I do?

Plesk does not have the ability to revoke a certificate. The ERR_CERT_REVOKED message is either owed to the certificate having been revoked at the trust center or an intemediate certificate having been revoked there. In either case, GoDaddy would be the place to find out why the certificate was revoked.

Can you maybe login when you do not use your hostname, but your IP address as the login URL? It will show a certificate warning, but it should still let you continue when you accept the warning.

Thanks Peter for the reply. Nowadays, browsers don't even let you skip the security alert, you cannot even reach the site "at your own risks". I tried with Chrome, Edge, Safari, Vivaldi, Firefox, etc. none would let me pass through. But some for some reason, I could access the server this morning through a separate profile in Chrome, but not with the others!? Difficult to understand.

So there seem to be a glitch in the way Plesk share the information about the certifying certificate with browsers.

Back