• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question installing fts-xapian module for dovecot

johnrdorazio

Basic Pleskian
I see that Plesk is installing a recent version of dovecot (2.3.9.2) on my system with Ubuntu 16.04. I would like to build the fts-xapian module, so I need to install the dovecot-dev package, however I cannot find version 2.3.9.2 of the dovecot-dev package. After enabling the official dovecot repo for Ubuntu Xenial in my sources.list and apt updating, apt is telling me that it wants to install v2.3.10 of dovecot-dev. However I can't install v2.3.10 of dovecot. Since I've been having trouble with fts-xapian not being activated because dovecot is complaining about an ABI mismatch which was due to a dovecot-dev version of 2.2.22 while my Plesk dovecot is at v2.3.9.2 . I could attempt to install the more recent dovecot-dev v2.3.10 but I'm afraid I'll receive the same error of an ABI mismatch. Is there any way I can get a dovecot-dev v2.3.9.2 to match the plesk installation?
Or even better yet, would it be possible to offer an fts-xapian module for the plesk dovecot?

Last edited:
Or, other option, I'm thinking of putting up a solr instance which I will probably use for a number of things. I may prefer solr over xapian. Would anyone be able to tell me if the plesk-dovecot package is compiled with the "--with-solr" parameter? And if not, what are the suggested parameters to replicate the plesk-dovecot package with the addition of the "--with-solr" parameter?

Last edited:
Back