• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Installing Ghostscript

K

Keith Alexis

I am developing a site that needs some image conversion. I have a programmer working on the php script side. I have a vps running Plesk 8.3. I got tech support to install Ghostscript which is required for what we are doing. They said they installed it, but the programmer said that it looks like they just extracted the Ghostscript package and didn't compile the binary. I'm caught in the middle and don't know what all this means.

Does anyone know how to compile Ghostscript and how I might do this in Plesk? I've searched Google and this forum and haven't found anything. I don't really understand anything on the Ghostscript site.

I'm not comfortable with SSH. I'm hoping there is a user friendly way to install Ghostscript correctly in Plesk admin so I can just handle it and not have to keep fooling with tech support (who don't really support vps).

Any help would be appreciated. Or maybe even someone that I could hire to do this correctly.

Thanks.

Solved

Well, this issue is solved. Although I don't know any more than I did. It turns out the problem was the the compiled binary named "gs" and we hadn't been given the correct path to this "gs" binary file. It has been found and everything works.

Back