• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Question Installing PHP 7.2 on Plesk 18 & Ubuntu 22

someonefromspace

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Ubuntu 22
Plesk version and microupdate number
Hi everyone,

I want to install PHP 7.2 on Plesk 18 & Ubuntu 22 but I could not see php7.2 on update page.

1673563072889.png

How can I install php7.2?

Detailed informations are here:

# plesk version
Product version: Plesk Obsidian 18.0.49.2
OS version: Ubuntu 22.04 x86_64
Build date: 2023/01/10 16:00
Revision: c825df0ebc392580c3443ca51b28c6cb88be266d

# nano /etc/apt/sources.list.d/plesk.list
1673562840556.png

#apt-get update

1673562922849.png

# apt-get upgrade

1673563248158.png

From the looks of it, Ubuntu isn't showing it because the distro source for it isn't trusted. What you can do is update the distro source to include the following just after the deb: [trusted=yes]

This should allow it to pull down the sources

From the looks of it, Ubuntu isn't showing it because the distro source for it isn't trusted. What you can do is update the distro source to include the following just after the deb: [trusted=yes]

This should allow it to pull down the sources

I added [trusted=yes] to end of the deb URL like:
=> deb [signed-by=/etc/apt/keyrings/plesk.gpg] Index of /PHP72_17 [trusted=yes] jammy all
1673592111307-png.22363

and I tried it again

# apt-get update

but at this time its result was like this:

1673592087474.png

Attachments

• 1673592111307.png
    1673592111307.png
    64.1 KB · Views: 130
It's in the wrong place, it should be right after deb, before the [signed-by....] part

I tried this one also.

And I installed PHP 7.2 but, I could not achive the second step, plesk bin php_handler side for php-7.2.34

Could you help for this step or any other option to achive this?

After I tried to apply php7.2 for plesk; it is seem here PHP handlers ( => Screenshot )
But if I choose this, 7.2, that site would be totaly white page.

I think I did a mistake for applying handler side.

A completely white page can simply be an indicator for a syntax error in the script. Do you have corresponding entries in error_log for it?

A completely white page can simply be an indicator for a syntax error in the script. Do you have corresponding entries in error_log for it?

[fcgid:warn] [pid 772333] [client 125.69.29.135:0] mod_fcgid: stderr: thrown in ...

it gives:
mod_fcgid error.
require('/var/www/vhosts...')
[Fri Jan 13 17:34:24.600029 2023] [fcgid:warn] [pid 772375] [client 125.69.29.135:0] mod_fcgid: stderr: #6 {main}

it should not be realted to software side, because on the another server with the same php version and script & DB, it works well.

I've checked some tutorials on the net, because this thread raised doubts that this would work at all, but yes, it should work. I honestly have no idea why it would not want to work in this case. I'd like to send you to support with this and ask you to post their answer here, because I don't see how this case can be solved without looking into your server. Staff can do that if you allow them, and they are highly qualified, so they'll very likely come up with a solution or explain, what others or me have overlooked here.

I've checked some tutorials on the net, because this thread raised doubts that this would work at all, but yes, it should work. I honestly have no idea why it would not want to work in this case. I'd like to send you to support with this and ask you to post their answer here, because I don't see how this case can be solved without looking into your server. Staff can do that if you allow them, and they are highly qualified, so they'll very likely come up with a solution or explain, what others or me have overlooked here.

Okay I will send a support ticket.

But, there should be another way to install php 7.2 right?

Exc. this: https://support.plesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/115000497853--How-to-add-a-custom-PHP-version-in-Plesk-for-Linux-

According to documentation, yes, but sometimes with all the different versions of operating systems out there some versions of add-ons don't work which may not be reflected clearly in documentation. It is better to let support give a statement on this.

Generally, Plesk on Ubuntu 22 does not offer PHP packages that are end of life. Please see https://support.plesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/5434651497874-Does-Plesk-support-Ubuntu-22-04-LTS-
But it is possible to install custom PHP versions as described in

As you had tried that before and had no luck, advice was to please open a ticket with Plesk support. You responded
Okay I will send a support ticket.
Have you done so and what is support's answer to the case?

i have a simular problem, i try to intstall 7.1 on ubuntu 22.04, i have installed PHP 7.1 and i add the handler:

Code:
plesk bin php_handler --add -displayname "MyHandler 7.1" -path /usr/bin/php-cgi -clipath /usr/bin/php -phpini /opt/plesk/php/7.1/etc/php.ini -type fastcgi

in plesk i can see and select the handler, but at the wensite PHP configarion in plesk i see this : Verison 8.2.3

1677917962606.png

1677917851781.png

your
Code:
-path /usr/bin/php-cgi -clipath /usr/bin/php
is most likely wrong and these are other PHP version binaries

Back