• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Installing plesk 12 or upgrade from plesk 11

RaulBoli

New Pleskian
Hello.
I have a question or concern about installing plesk 12.
No I should do, or which of these two options I describe is better to install CentOS plesk 12.
1 - Update to plesk 12 from a previous installation of plesk 11 In-updates server option menu.
2 - Install plesk 12 directly from a distribution with CentOs, without any previous installation of plesk.

I have found that if you install plesk 12 directly, without having to upgrade an earlier version of plesk 11 email accounts that are created do not work.

Thank you.

Hello.
I have a question or concern about installing plesk 12.
No I should do, or which of these two options I describe is better to install CentOS plesk 12.
1 - Update to plesk 12 from a previous installation of plesk 11 In-updates server option menu.
2 - Install plesk 12 directly from a distribution with CentOs, without any previous installation of plesk.

I have found that if you install plesk 12 directly, without having to upgrade an earlier version of plesk 11 email accounts that are created do not work.

Thank you.

although both methodes are supported you will see a lot of posts about problems during an upgrade. I do only migrations and they always work. So old server with Plesk 11.5, new server with Plesk 12 and them use the migration manager to transfer all domains, accounts, etc. to the new server.

Back