• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Installing Problems

J

JMann

Hi everyone, need some help here. I have Windows Server 2003 running on a server here and I went to install Plesk 7 through the installer and about 3/4 of the way through it, it decided to crash on me, no what I wanted to happen. :(

I had to close the installer, so I did and then I got tried to open to Plesk control panel, and nothing loaded, all of Apache and all the other software ran with it, but still nothing. I went to do a Repair installation, and got the same problem again, it froze. So, I decided to do a full uninstall of it all, so I tried to uninstall it and still the same, I thought the only way I was going to remove this, was by deleting it all manually. I searched for Plesk and deleted every single trace I could find of it, accept for Registry entries and still I run the installer and I get the option to repair or to uninstall, I tried Repair and it doesnt do enough of the files so I get errors. When I go to Uninstall it doesn't freeze, but I just get this error when it nearly finishes:

Error 1721. There is a problem with this Windows Installer Package. A program required for this install to complete could not be run. Contact your support personnel or package vendor.

And then it exits after pressing "OK". Any idea's on a fix for this or am I going to have to format my whole server again .
Thanks,
JMann

this is something that happens for all windows programs if you decide to delete its files without uninstalling it.

now that you have done so, you can delete the installed file registry entry using tweakUI or similar utility programs and then reinstall it.

Back