• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Installing Spam Assasin in Plesk

T

thegreatmr5

Greetings. First let me say thanks for trying to help. Or good luck if you're looking for an answer!

What I'm trying to do, is install Spam Assassin on a Linux server running fedora and Plesk 8.1.1 I was under the impression when I signed up with our hosting provider that spam assassin was going to be installed, but it's not. The little icon in plesk is grayed out and it says "module not installed."

Needless to say, without spam protection of any kind, we've been hammered. I tried enabling SPF filtering by setting it to reject mail that resolves to FAIL, but that ends up getting rid of a lot of stuff I actually need.

I don't mind paying if I need to for a plesk module for spam assassin, but I don't mind configuring it manually either. Whatever is fast and effective.

So how do I get started? What would be the best way to go about installing it?

Or is there some other spam control method I should be considering? I'm not new to linux or a command line, but I'm not an expert either. What can I say, I like GUIs. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

I'm not an expert on this subject, but I will offer what I know in hopes that it helps your question.. as I'm looking for the answer to mine..

I just spoke to sales at SWsoft and they tell me that for $50 (doesn't matter if it's a small lic or unlimited) they issue a replacement key that includes the features (like spam assasin for $50) that you pay for extra. Once you upload the lic key, the feature turns on..

For the way you have expressed your question, that seems the fastest result to filtering.

For me, I'm currently using a modified MX logic Filtering package provided by OpenSRS as a proxy to my email. My question is, if I turn on Spam assasin (at a cost of $50 more for what is other wise a free package) will it add a substantial load on my server?

ps. my opinion is, I paid for a control panel, because of the packaging of features (all of which are GNU) not to have to pay for more features that are also GNU. Should have been included in the original price. language packs are a different story.

Back