• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Instructions for Installing PHPMail

Mr_Foxcroft

New Pleskian
Would somebody please be kind enough to provide me with step-by-step instructions on how to install PHPMail on my website.

The only access I have for my production website is through Plesk Obsidian, but the help documentation is too vague. I'm experienced with using command line tools such as a shell and Composer, but I cannot log into my production server to use that method to install PHPMailer.

The actual production server provided by my hosting service is Windows Server 2016. My development server is Apache.

I do have a Composer directory in the root of my production website with a composer.json file in it.

Would copying the installation from my Apache development server to my Windows production server work?

Sincerely,
Thomas Foxcroft

PHPMailer is a freely available PHP script. Installation and usage is the same for any website. It does not depend on the web server infrastructure. You install it in your website (normally simply upload it into your website), it is not a service that needs to be installed in Plesk or your operating system. It's simply a PHP script collection.

PHPMailer is a freely available PHP script. Installation and usage is the same for any website. It does not depend on the web server infrastructure. You install it in your website (normally simply upload it into your website), it is not a service that needs to be installed in Plesk or your operating system. It's simply a PHP script collection.
Thank you for that explanation. I think I can handle it from here. Hope all is well wherever you are.

Back