• Please be aware: Kaspersky Anti-Virus has been deprecated
    With the upgrade to Plesk Obsidian 18.0.64, "Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Servers" will be automatically removed from the servers it is installed on. We recommend that you migrate to Sophos Anti-Virus for Servers.
  • The Horde webmail has been deprecated. Its complete removal is scheduled for April 2025. For details and recommended actions, see the Feature and Deprecation Plan.

Internal server error 500 on new server Windows 2008

J

jerry2

Hi there

I migrated from 8.6.03 to 8.6.03, but this time it is Windows 2008 x64 server. The site sometimes works, sometimes it doesn't work, every refresh brings the page or:

- System

- Provider

[ Name] Active Server Pages

- EventID 5

[ Qualifiers] 49152

Level 2

Task 0

Keywords 0x80000000000000

- TimeCreated

[ SystemTime] 2008-09-19T05:59:10.000Z

EventRecordID 4141

Channel Application

Security

- EventData

Datei /default.asp Unerwarteter Fehler. Abfangbarer Fehler (C0000005) in einem externen Objekt. Das Skript kann nicht fortgesetzt werden.

Any ideas if Plesk has any problems with Windows 2008 x64?

Looks like a permissions issue. If it's a brand new site, I'd delete and recreate it using a different "ftp name". The new perms and users will be created appropriately, which ought to solve the problem.

I did try many times :-( Doesn't work. As if myODBC3.51 wouldn't work with the site :-( Now I get Error "80004005'

u can disable custom error documents from the setup section of the control panel to have the actual error message displayed

I have found out the problem. IIS 7.0 ADO is not the same as IIS 6.0 ADO. If I use RS.MOVE 10 I crash application pool! Even if I have 20 records and move is legitimate (same code works in IIS 6.0). Just thought you should know.

Back