• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Internal SiteBuilder error : broker.php line 296

F

flupke

I upgraded to 4.1, here what customers get, after login, seems to be related to sites with eshop:

Internal SiteBuilder error.
File: /usr/local/sitebuilder/include/SB/Modules/Settings/Broker.php; Line: 296

have more info from SB log:

Cannot execute query - Unknown column 'is_inventory_enabled' in 'field list', sql - SELECT
moduleID,
category_list_columns_number,
product_number_per_page,
is_inventory_enabled,
is_show_categories_first

FROM modules_Eshop_visual_settings

WHERE
(storage_state>1
AND moduleID = "qib99wm9lqe")

AND (modules_Eshop_visual_settings.storage_state>1)

and:

Cannot execute query - Table 'sitebuilder3.modules_Eshop_terms_of_service' doesn't exist, sql - SELECT
id,
module_instance_id,
caption,
text,
text_images,
acceptance_label

FROM modules_Eshop_terms_of_service

WHERE
(module_instance_id = 'qib99wm9lqe')

AND (modules_Eshop_terms_of_service.storage_state>1)

It seems database was not completely upgraded. First of all make sure that database was upgraded to 4.1 version:
mysql> select * from config_param;
+----+-------------------+---------------------+------------+
| id | config_section_id | name | value |
| 1 | 1 | version | 4.1.0 |
| 2 | 1 | build | 2007121000 |
| 3 | 1 | active_license_key | 3 |
| 4 | 1 | modules_api_version | 4.1.0 |
4 rows in set (0.00 sec)

After that check if table 'modules_Eshop_terms_of_service' is missing. Try to create it manually:

CREATE TABLE `modules_Eshop_terms_of_service` (
`id` int(11) unsigned NOT NULL auto_increment,
`module_instance_id` varchar(20) NOT NULL,
`caption` varchar(255) NOT NULL,
`text` text NOT NULL,
`text_images` text NOT NULL,
`acceptance_label` varchar(255) NOT NULL,
`storage_state` int(1) unsigned NOT NULL,
PRIMARY KEY (`id`,`storage_state`),
UNIQUE KEY `module_instance` (`module_instance_id`,`storage_state`)
) ENGINE=MyISAM AUTO_INCREMENT=3 DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8;

But in this case, better restore backup for 4.0 version, if you have it and re-run upgrade. To make sure that all tables were upgraded properly.

you are Right (again!), support fixed it: the upgrade was not successfull for any reason, they fixed it.

Thks!

Flupke

EShop problem after upgrade from 4.0 to 4.1

Hello,

I had the same problem. I have made the upgrade using the auto-installer.

It looks like the database connection information is lost during the upgrade (I could see an error message about this during the update).

I had to reconfigure these parameters with sb_config, and then force all rpm upgrade (sitebuilder, modules and templates) with rpm -hUv --force *.rpm

But now I'm having problems with the EShop module. I can't edit or add products with pictures.

I receive this error:

Action status: 2; Target: /Wizard/Edit/Modules/Eshop/Product/Edit; Messages: Error! Operation has not been completed.

Every single time I had to upgrade Sitebuilder or Plesk I had problems.

It doesn't matter if you wait a few months, hoping that some early problems may be fixed when you do the update, you will face all the problems.

I'm really getting tired of all these problems, sometimes I ask myself if Swsoft do some real tests before releasing new software.

I'm always using a standard configuration, now a plain RHEL5 with Plesk. Why it is so difficult to handle updates?

Thank you.

Alexandre

I also always experience problems after upgrade, should it be plesk or SB. For example I still hesitate to upgrade from 8.1 to 8.3.

But keep in mind that SWSOFT must test all the product versions on each platform, I'm sure they catch most of the problems with internal tests, we find the rest. Support has always been able to help and fixed it for me, what makes me upset is the support pricing politic, support should be free for 'after upgrade nightmare'

Tip: have a VPS for test purpose

Hello flupke,

I have already made the upgrade from 8.1 to 8.3, and I'm having problems with all SiteBuilder's custom buttons.

The 8.3 version does not use the Custom Buttons, SiteBuilder and Plesk are now "integrated".

The old Custom Buttons were not "converted" to the new integration style, and they didn't work anymore.

But who cares at SwSoft/Parallels?

I have made some tests before upgrade, but as you said, you just can't test everything.

Unless you are the software developer, with milions of customers and revenue, generally you don't have resources (hardware, software, time) to test a product that should be tested enough by the software provider.

Yes, there are may versions and plataforms, but if they can't manage all of them, then I think they should limit the options. Too much work can't be never the excuse to make bad work, do you agree?

I'm using a plain RHEL5 OS with Plesk, nothing more, and I never had a smooth upgrade. Never (I have used RHEL3, RHEL4, RHEL5, Plesk 7.5.4, Plesk 8.1 an now Plesk 8.3).

Thank you for your reply.

Alexandre

I agree with you, but this issue should be brought to swsoft, I'm just a customer like you. Do you know if they have pilot '-zero serie' customers, I think this would be valuable: selected customers (and volunteers) would test new products before release.

Regards,

Flupke

I Agree

Hi, so far I've been using Plesk/SiteBuilder for the past few months and although it looks great, I've had that many problems with it that I'm really beginning to wonder if its really good for anything at all.

My main concern is Sitebuilder integration not working correctly.

My suggestion, choose A SINGLE linux distribution and support it fully, not make a half-a$$ed attempt at supporting a load of operating systems that you can't test thoroughly.

In the SB integration section in Plesk it comes up with one-liners about what's wrong but then there's no support site that explains what these cryptic messages mean or how to fix them.

What good is a SOAP error (or "Not found" was my favourite)message if you don't provide a remedy to fix it or explain what the problem is!?!?

I was previously using HSphere and thought that Plesk seemed more modern, easier to use and had a better site builder program so after announcing the change and convincing all of my customers that the change would be for the better I've had nothing but problems with it so far and look like a complete and incompetent idiot to my customers who I'm now on non-speaking terms with many of them due to the "supposed" upgrades made from H-Sphere to Plesk.

My big plug was, "Hey guys, we've got a new site builder program, you'll love it" only to find that for no reason at all it just drops out, doesn't work correctly, doesn't integrate and when it does decide to provide error messages, they're in some cryptic format that only the guru of gurus in the computer industry understand! (but I'm sure they couldn't figure out the Not found one since it means nothing to anyone!)

What has made me write this is the fact that because of a bug somewhere in SB, my customers have just lost their websites whereas a few days ago it was all still working fine!!

When it comes to Site Builder and its integration with Plesk, I've had nothing but problems with it and there really isn't any posted solutions for most of the problems I've encountered.

As standalong programs, they both seem to work fine; integrate them and it all goes out the window!

HSphere was a damned site better in terms of resolution of problems and forum listing common resolutions to problems (which I hope doesn't deteriorate since Parallels now owns Plesk, HSphere and Helm) and whilst HSphere still has its own share of problems feel that something really needs to be done about this lack of support.

My first support email to Parallels led to a resolution that went something along the lines of "are you sure you bought it from us? Go talk to your dedicated hosting company" even though I purchased Site Builder directly from Parallels.

Pretty disappointed would have to be my final statement about the level of service and if tickets are left open for a few days we receive a "closed" ticked email basically saying "we assume you got it fixed" and they don't do anything; that is my WONDERFUL experience with Parallel's support so far.

No follow-up to say, "Are you happy with the resolution?" which is pretty poor if you ask me; I work on an I.T. helpdesk for one of Australia's biggest private hospital networks so I know what keeps a customer happy and I can tell you that to be fobbed off with a question like "are you sure you bought it from us?" made me feel like flying over to that call centre and taking off the safety!

Parallels charge a lot of money for their control panel and site builders (and sign you into a contract as well) and at the end of the day so far (to me anyway) have provided absolutely sh*#ful service in terms of customer support, at least in my experience.

And in summation to my little drama, Parallel, what the f%$k am I supposed to do about keeping my customers now that I look like a god-damned idiot and the control panel/sitebuilder keeps coming up with errors and tickets are closed with no resolution???!?!?

Not very happy at all, Parallels. Are you going to pay for my lost income?

Back