1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Invalid Index with images

Discussion in 'Plesk for Windows - 8.x and Older' started by rewilson, Jan 4, 2006.

1. rewilson

rewilson Guest

I have a website on my server that gives an error message of Invalid Index when serving gif's and jpg's. These images are not corrupt. Has anyone ever seen this before. I'm pulling my hair out trying to figure this one out.

2. wtwolf6

wtwolf6 Guest

I am also having the same problem. Have you found a reason why it does this?
    Or how to fix it?

3. sgala

sgala Guest

I had the same problem with a my customer.

Pleask have a feature called "hotlink protection" that is disabled by default.

By default is configured to deny all these file extensions:
    bmp dib rle emf wmf gif jpg jpeg jpe jif jfif pcx png tga tiff tif

If you enable this feature you will have "Invalid index." and 500 internal server error response for every request for these file extensions.

So the solution is Disable the feature from plesk -> domain -> Hotlink protection"