• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue IPv6 / Nginx / Apache mod_geoip not working

Sander Scheer

New Pleskian
Hi all,

I'm running Plesk Onyx 17.5.3 Update #11 on my server, and I have some weird issues with IPv6 / Apache / Nginx:
- I am running Apache as webserver and Nginx as proxy
- I am using mod_geoip in Apache to deny access from certain countries
- Since I have activated IPv6 for some websites, the mod_geoip functionality doesn't work for visitors on IPv6
- In the access_log, the local IPv6 address of my server shows up, and not the remote address of the visitor

It looks like Nginx isn't forwarding the visitors IPv6 address to Apache. How can I fix this, so that the correct remote addresses show up in the logs? I also think this has influence on the whole mod_geoip part, since mod_geoip doesn't receive any IP-information it will simply deny the visitor.

It seems that mod_rpaf isn't working as it should. Another described the problem here, and in his situation it was fixed after that Plesk switched to mod_remoteip.
I'm running CentOS 6, and mod_remoteip isn't installed on my machine. Does someone have a slight idea where I should look and how I should configure mod_rpaf?

Back