• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

IPV6 Support ?

V

vincen

Hi,

Is there support for IPV6 in current Plesk release for Linux ? as I'm unable to find anything in control panel :(
If not, is it planned soon ? as it becomes really important now to get that support with networks becoming more and more IPV6 compliant :)

Thanks

Vincèn

Plesk has stated that they're going to support IPv6 and multiple FTP accounts per domain in their 9.0 roadmap except the current BETA release for 9.0 shows neither of these.

Thanks for the info about beta 9 features but do we have a timeframe of release of version 9 ?

Vincèn

I just told you that these features aren't in 9.0...

According to SWSoft, 9.0 was supposed to be released in the 4th quater of 2007.

I just told you that these features aren't in 9.0...

Sorry but you told me they are not in beta of version 9 but expected to be in final release of version 9 right ?

According to SWSoft, 9.0 was supposed to be released in the 4th quater of 2007.

4th quarter of 2007, wow :( really in late, looks they don't support as much as they should Plesk, or what ? Perhaps I should find an other control panel more updated and with things I miss in Plesk :D

Vincèn

Sorry but you told me they are not in beta of version 9 but expected to be in final release of version 9 right ?

No I didn't...

Major features are added in ALPHA releases...

4th quarter of 2007, wow :( really in late, looks they don't support as much as they should Plesk, or what ? Perhaps I should find an other control panel more updated and with things I miss in Plesk :D

Vincèn

Plesk is for people who want a control panel that simply works without bugs. If you want more features then go with cPanel but expect to install updates every few days to fix bugs that should have been corrected in the internal testing phase.

Plesk is for dedicated servers, cPanel is for shared hosting.

No I didn't...
Major features are added in ALPHA releases...

Arg so no luck to expect IPV6 support soon, it's a shame as I need it now for some of my customers !!

Plesk is for people who want a control panel that simply works without bugs. If you want more features then go with cPanel but expect to install updates every few days to fix bugs that should have been corrected in the internal testing phase.
Plesk is for dedicated servers, cPanel is for shared hosting.

Yep I fully understand the difference but issue now is I need IPV6 support and I don't see how to manage that with current Plesk :(

Thanks for the info

Vincèn

cPanel isn't even IPv6 compatible to my knowledge. The only control panel that is IPv6 compatible is Webmin which is impossible to work with.

Why even bother? IPv4 exhaustion is 5 years away.

cPanel isn't even IPv6 compatible to my knowledge. The only control panel that is IPv6 compatible is Webmin which is impossible to work with.

Yep definitively Webmin is only for tech admin but is not a control panel !

Why even bother? IPv4 exhaustion is 5 years away.

Because some customers use more and more IPV6 now here in France and we have some DSL connections that are natively IPV6 so it's easier to use for different stuffs than IPV4 :)

Vincèn

You'd need a dual stack regardless. All sorts of things don't work with IPv6 (DNS resolution under Windows XP for example). Honestly we're probably a decade or so away from it being anything other than a shiney geek toy.

You'd need a dual stack regardless. All sorts of things don't work with IPv6 (DNS resolution under Windows XP for example). Honestly we're probably a decade or so away from it being anything other than a shiney geek toy.

I'm sorry but I use a real OS (Linux) so all IPV6 stuffs are fully managed in it, I just need Plesk to be able to manage IPV6 aspects of programs avalaible on my Linux Box :D

Thanks

Vincèn

Indeed so do I, and Im also on the IPv6 federal working group, so Im pretty familiar with the hurdles here. There are a great many things that are still left to do with it. The applications haven't even come close to catching up yet.

Back