• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

is php 7.1 planned ?

We would also be interested in PHP 7.1 for Plesk 12.5 - and what about Onyx?

thx
Andreas Schnederle-Wagner

In scope of Plesk, PHP7.1 should be considered as new version of PHP, as new feature, but not as update of PHP7.0
For Plesk 12.5 we constantly release updates of PHP.7.0 but for latest Plesk version Onyx we release new features - PHP7.1, support of new OSes, etc.
So, if you want to use latest versions of components, newest features - you may just upgrade to Onyx.
I think that we release PHP7.1 for Plesk 12.5 but later. You can wait or upgrade to Onyx - it is your choice.

Speaking for myself, but I'm sure other people feel the same way too, it's because it's not yet reached late adopter stage yet.

To perform a major server update on a live, busy ecommerce site is a non-trivial operation!

To be able to test out new verions of PHP on the existing server is simply a delight. Yes, of course we'll go to Onyx in time, but that time is not yet.

I know a lot of people would love to have 7.1 on Plesk 12.5.

You can wait it in 12.5 or upgrade to Onyx - it's up to you ;)

I have no any additional information and still suggest you upgrade to newest Plesk version where you can use latest versions of PHP7.1.x
Hi Igor,

there is an official announcement on plesk.uservoice.com, that PHP 7.1 will be available on Plesk 12.5 in the first or second quarter of 2017. See:

Make PHP 7.1 available in Plesk 12.5

Now we are in the third quarter of 2017 and PHP 7.1 is still missing from Plesk 12.5.

Could you elaborate on the reasons of the delay? When will PHP 7.1 be finally available for Plesk 12.5?

Thank you very much!

Best regards,

RPD

@RPD Support PHP7.1 in a very old Plesk version is not a high priority task. Therefore, delays are possible. Moreover, there used to be an argument that the latest Plesk version does not have a "Stable" status. But Plesk 17.0 and even 17.5 already have the "Stable" status. So, I strongly recommend you upgrade to the latest Plesk version where components are supported with higher priority.

Last edited:
What Igor said. I just upgraded to 17.5 from 12.5 (a 2 stable version jump) a few weeks ago and it went very well. I was scared to do it but now I'm glad I did.

@RPD Support PHP7.1 in a very old Plesk version is not a high priority task. Therefore, delays are possible. Moreover, there used to be an argument that the latest Plesk version does not have a "Stable" status. But Plesk 17.0 and even 17.5 already have the "Stable" status. So, I strongly recommend you upgrade to the latest Plesk version where components are supported with higher priority.

Thank you Igor for your reply. I know that Plesk 17.0 and 17.5 has the "stable" status. It's not that I don't want to upgrade, but we cannot do it "in place" on our production servers, we have to "migrate" our services to the new Plesk version. An "in place" upgrade would be too high a risk, even though they often go well nowadays (I know).

Besides, do you really consider Plesk 12.5 to be a very old version? AFAIK Plesk 12.5 was released last year.

Thanks again and best regards,

RPD

Almost 2 years ago 12.5 was announced - Plesk 12.5 RTM is out

You're right, Plesk 12.5 stable was already released in October 2015. In August 2016 we "migrated" our services to Plesk 12.5 (the current version back then), so that was the date I had in mind.

Nevertheless, I still hope that Plesk 12.5 gets support for PHP 7.1 soon.

Thanks and best regards,

RPD

Back