• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Is Plesk 8 + CentOS 4.3 + PHP 5 possible?

C

codesmith

Hi,

I'm trying to get our server provider to do the above installation and they're saying they can't do PHP5. Main reason is that

"Apache 2.0 and Plesk 8 need the package php-domxml and it's not available for PHP5"

Can anyone verify this or are there workarounds? I've been reading the other threads and can't tell if folks have this set up.

Seems like Plesk 8 and PHP 5 should work:
http://kb.swsoft.com/article_37_378_en.html

Thanks.

Woah - didn't Scott from ART say yes this was possible? I don't see the reply here anymore... it's not?

I am running a new installation of Plesk 8.01 and PHP 5 on FC4.
So I don't know how things would go on CentOS 4.3 but I do know that Plesk 8.01 and php 5 are working together.

This was installed on a new server, not an upgrade. I hate upgrades.

Jack I wish I had your server!! I have fc4 installed fresh then did the plesk but NO! :-( cant contact the https://ip:8443/ :-( I'm sad,,

I envy you man!

Scott - does that apply to CentOS 4.3 as well or just FC?

So my ISP was finally able to get Plesk 8.0.1, CentOS 4.3 and PHP 5.1.1 installed on our server. The only caveat is that they installed an RPM with PHP configured with --disable-dom option. I guess Plesk breaks (php-configurator?) if this option is turned on? Anyone know the details of this?

Well it turns out I need the dom support. Any advice on how I would do this? I'm thinking of installing the ART php 5.04 package. If I add the ART channels and do a yum upgrade will it automatically downgrade to 5.04?

Any advice appreciated.

No, it will not be able to downgrade, assuming that those php 5.1.1 packages were installed as rpms. If its a source code install, then from an rpms perspective, it doesn't exist, and yes, it would install without much trouble.

The dom package (formerly known as php-domxml) is contained in the php-xml rpm in both my php 5.0 and php 5.1 rpms.

Thanks Scott. Yes PHP is installed as an RPM so no source code recompile options. This sounds scary but what if I removed the PHP rpm and then did a yum install for your RPM. Would that work? Would my existing Plesk install be ok?

kick and a Q :)

I have to install today or these week a new box for a customer...

Now they want to have php5.x

What would be the most easyest way to do this?

Just a clean install with FC4... Taking the ART channels and run yum update... install plesk... done?

Would it go that easy? Ofcourse some dep. **** and **** ;) but will it work?!

And what would be different to CentOS 4.2 and updating that one..

FC comes standard with php5?? :) :confused:

Back