• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Is this a bug? psadm_users DENY permissions coming back?

mtm81

New Pleskian
We have several folders (including several server components installed in their default locations in Program Files), plus a folder which holds user files away from any web roots. Our scripts take the request for one of these files, do security and veritifcation and then stream the file (or use the server component) as required. This means a users files are never directly web accessible.

Anyway, with that as background - it would appear that everytime plesk updates, it wants to re-apply the DENY permissions against the users to virtually every file and folder on the entire server.:

psadm_users
psaadm
psacIn

I can totally see why this happens as it's plesk's way of trying to block any access to files outside of the main web roots, however have the folders above which we need plesk to effectively ignore. Otherwise after each update, we have to go in, and remove these re-applied permissions from these folders/files.

There 'must' be a way of setting these additional folders as being ignored by plesk as it already does ignore it's own folders/files within the web root (for example).

Anyone any idea how we can stop plesk trying to override permissions we have set ourselves and are perfectly happy with?

To kind of answer my own question, I've found this post in the forum:

- seems to be a problem for years. (although I was running an older version of plesk up until recently and didn't have this issue..)

You need to set the custom permissions in a special plesk file. (you create a new file in the specified folder, see link)

Back