• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue about domains expired and service plans

Mickael Salfati

Regular Pleskian
Issue about subscriptions expired and service plans

Hi Parallels Team,

I just notice a very annoying issue with plesk 11 (last #MU10 Debian 6 X64)

Step to reproduce the issue:

1/ Create a service plan with a Validity period to unlimited.

2/ Create a new subscription with this service plan.

3/ Set a Validity period for the subscription -> subscription is locked.

4/ Unlock and Sync the subscription, the Validity period is lost and the domain never expire.

With plesk 10.x, I never encountered this issue because the Validity period was preserved with "unlock and sync" button.

Conclusion: We can't change the validity period without locking the subscription.

Thanks per advance.
Mickael Salfati.

P.S/ I also made the test using the API and same behavior.

Last edited:
I don't see any problems with that. Infact it functions as it should be:

4/ Unlock and Sync the subscription, the Validity period is lost and the domain never expire.

Unlocking and Sync by logic means you want your subscription to pick ALL service plan settings as they are! Which is what it does when you sync so its working as expected!

If you don't want it to do so, then I would also probably complain to plesk why NOT ALL fields are synced with the service plan especially the validity field!!!

From http://download1.parallels.com/Plesk/PP11/11.0/Doc/en-US/online/plesk-administrator-guide/70729.htm :

To renew an expired subscription:

Go to Subscriptions, and click the <Subscription Name> in the list.
Click Activate.
Click Customize.
On the Resources tab, set up a new expiration date, or select Unlimited.
Click Update & Lock.

Note: After this step, the system will not apply further changes of the plan settings to this subscription. If you try to sync this subscription with the plan, the subscription will expire again unless you set the Unlimited validity period for this plan.

I don't see any problems with that. Infact it functions as it should be:

Unlocking and Sync by logic means you want your subscription to pick ALL service plan settings as they are! Which is what it does when you sync so its working as expected!

If you don't want it to do so, then I would also probably complain to plesk why NOT ALL fields are synced with the service plan especially the validity field!!!
Never (before plesk 11.x) plesk did reset the validity field when you click "unlock and sync".

From http://download1.parallels.com/Plesk/PP11/11.0/Doc/en-US/online/plesk-administrator-guide/70729.htm :

To renew an expired subscription:

Go to Subscriptions, and click the <Subscription Name> in the list.
Click Activate.
Click Customize.
On the Resources tab, set up a new expiration date, or select Unlimited.
Click Update & Lock.

Note: After this step, the system will not apply further changes of the plan settings to this subscription. If you try to sync this subscription with the plan, the subscription will expire again unless you set the Unlimited validity period for this plan.
Igor, I know the guide but it's very bad behavior and never it was the case in previous release of plesk.

Take an example: I want to add more space for a service plan called "Test". I update the service plan "Test". Then I have 100 subscriptions with this service plan, I have to unlock and sync 100 domains and set again the correct validity period for 100 domains ? Are we really serious ?

Mickaël.

Last edited:
I add that if I use the subscription_settings CLI to set the validity period of a subscription, never the subscription is locked. That should be also the case with the plesk interface.

Mickaël.

AFAIK we have already requested to developers regarding this behaviour (#92995 for your reference). It is discussed now.

How can we see the progress of this issue. It's annoying to me and disturbs handling the customers expiry times.
you've mentioned: #92995 - is there a way to see the bug/feature progress?

Zbangy, I see you are offering hosting services from your website. May I suggest to you adoption of a billing application!

Back