• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Issue after upgrading to Plesk 12.5

themouse

New Pleskian
Hi all,

I was wondering if you could help. I've been trying to resolve this issue for over 2-3 hours and I am not getting anywhere. I have a Dedicated Server, with Debian. Before I upgraded I had Plesk 12.0.18 which worked just fine.

The upgrade process worked fine as well. But now I seem to be getting a problem with Plesk's Lock Manager. Every time I log on I get this displayed:

Message Lock Manager error: 'Permission denied'.

File Hierarchical.php

Line 120

Type Plesk\Lock\Exception

Don't know how to fix this. Hopefully the screenshot attached is visible. Can anyone shed some light on this??

Oh, and I have tried to run the Bootstrapper by Command Line as well. That hasn't done anything either.

Many thanksPleskUpgradeIssue-ErrorDenied.png

Hi @UFHH01 ,
Thanks for your response.

This is the output of the command you asked me to run. It doesn't show /dev/shm though?? I did follow the instructions though.

Code:
 cat /etc/fstab
# /etc/fstab: static file system information.
#
# Use 'blkid' to print the universally unique identifier for a
# device; this may be used with UUID= as a more robust way to name devices
# that works even if disks are added and removed. See fstab(5).
#
# <file system> <mount point>   <type>  <options>       <dump>  <pass>
# / was on /dev/md2 during installation
UUID=4e2c5890-ea6c-482a-90d4-3daacc68cedf /               ext4    errors=remount-ro,usrquota 0       1
# /boot was on /dev/md0 during installation
UUID=bdb00b7f-fa84-4871-a4e5-14d0689cf7cb /boot           ext2    defaults        0       2
# swap was on /dev/md1 during installation
UUID=21b15ad6-b2d4-40a5-bf33-0932aff65047 none            swap    sw              0       0

What should I do next?

Thanks

Also, forgot to mention that I followed the instructions in the KB for Debian 7 as that's the OS i have.

Thanks

Hi themouse,

Also, forgot to mention that I followed the instructions in the KB for Debian 7 as that's the OS i have.

well... you might have misunderstood the article a bit... you still have to MOUNT "/dev/shm", which is in your case a symlink to "/run/shm". Please read again and follow the instructions and report back, if you experience issues ( if you do experience issues, please provide all informations in your next post, as describe in the article ).

Hi @UFHH01 ,
I followed everything in the instructions. Still doesn't seem to be working. Not sure what else to do :/
And still comes up with Permission Denied.

Hi,

I've the same problem.

I've followed the instructions from: http://talk.plesk.com/threads/error-opening-panel-after-upgrade-to-plesk-12-0-18.304640/ but this didn't help!

Here are some informations:

Panel.log

[2015-10-28 17:35:14] ERR [panel] Lock Manager error: 'Permission denied'.:
0: /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/Lock/Manager/Hierarchical.php:120
Plesk\Lock\Manager_Hierarchical->_getClient()
1: /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/Lock/Manager/Hierarchical.php:193
Plesk\Lock\Manager_Hierarchical->_applyLock(string '', object of type Plesk\Lock\Resource)
2: /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/Lock/Manager/Hierarchical.php:155
Plesk\Lock\Manager_Hierarchical->lock(object of type Plesk\Lock\Resource, string '')
3: /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/Lock/Manager.php:83
Plesk\Lock\Manager->lock(integer '1', array, string '', array)
4: /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/Lock.php:34
Plesk\Lock::write(object of type Plesk\Lock\Object_NodeService, string '', array)
5: /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/Db/Table/Dictionary/ServiceNodeEnvironment.php:80
Db_Table_Dictionary_ServiceNodeEnvironment->sync()
6: /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/Service/Driver/Packages/Unix.php:32
Service_Driver_Packages_Unix->sync(boolean false)
7: /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/Service/Driver/Core/Plesk.php:11
Service_Driver_Core_Plesk->syncAllData()
8: /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/Db/Table/Row/ServiceNode/ManagementNode.php:15
Db_Table_Row_ServiceNode_ManagementNode->refreshProperties()
9: /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/auth.php:246
AutoPrepend->run()
10: /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/auth.php:759
[2015-10-28 17:35:14] ERR [1] Lock Manager error: 'Permission denied'.

# su -l psaadm -s /bin/sh -c 'id -Gn'
psaadm swkey-data psaserv psasb lock-manager psaadm swkey-data psaserv psasb

# cat /etc/fstab
proc /proc proc defaults 0 0
none /dev/pts devpts rw 0 0
shm /dev/shm tmpfs defaults 0 0

# ls -ld /dev/shm
drwxrwxrwt 2 root root 40 Oct 28 17:34 /dev/shm

Sorry my English is not so good.

I'm very glad if you can help me.

Back