• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue File Permission & Backup Manager

DiPolo

New Pleskian
I lately decide to change my server provided and I decided to go for pre-installed Plesk12 service , plesk installed with os installation and in the beginning was looking ok , till I faced two problems .

The first problem I found is on Backup manager , I set a daily backup with maximum of 5 but every day I receive the error :The backup backup_website.com_info_1505272137.xml and backup_website.com_info_1505262137.xml was not created , I check the current backup task and the two task shows fails.(picture attached)

The second problem I found It may be related , is concerning the File permission , the user root and on group root are not able to change any file permission but the user pinco on group root is able to change it as well as the user Pinco on group psacln/psaserv , I updated the plesk12 to latest release to see if maybe was some changes but unfortunately nothing

Not migration for domains and was fresh install for os and plesk12

Plesk version:12.0.18 Update #48

Any advice ?

Thx

Attachments

• BackupManager.jpg
    BackupManager.jpg
    299.4 KB · Views: 8
  • BackupManager2.jpg
    BackupManager2.jpg
    170.8 KB · Views: 7
  • Permission.jpg
    Permission.jpg
    305.1 KB · Views: 7
  • Permission2.jpg
    Permission2.jpg
    271.3 KB · Views: 7
  • Permission3.jpg
    Permission3.jpg
    383.4 KB · Views: 8
Hi DiPolo,

in your specific case, the systemuser "pinco" is the domain - admin for your specific domain ( as defined on domain - creation ). The user "root" would never change any domain specific (root)folders/files. Apart from that, you seem to think, that your Plesk Control Panel view shows, that the user "pinco" is a member of the group "root", which is not the case. The view only shows, that a file/folder is owned by the systemuser "pinco" and the group "root". Please don't mix linux groups and it's members, with owner - rights. For more informations about linux groups and users, please use the operating system documentation or please use Google.

Please investigate errors with error - logs, because they normally define the issue clearly, to solve issues.

Hi UFHH01 thank you for your reply , I am sorry but I am really a Beginner and is the first time I am using Plesk .
For the backup problem I tried to look at the backup error log ,and I found error on 5448 , I will attach a copy thank for you help

For the permission , root cannot change any permission , but even if I login as pinco I am not able to change permission to files ...is it how has to be?

Attachments

• backup.log.txt
    9.7 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Hi DiPolo,

please define, WHAT you would like to change and how you tried it.
If you would like for example change the permissions from the folder "etc" with permissions for "pinco", then you have to be logged in as user "pinco". The same is the other way round. If you would like to change files/folders with permissions from the user "root", then you have to be logged in as user "root".

Please note, that if you upload files to your domain specific document root of a domain, the folders and files have to have the permissions "pinco" and "psacln" or "www-data" in order to work. On CentOS-based systems, the apache-group is named "apache".

Edit:

For your backup - error:
Code:
[5448]: 2015-05-27 12:37:30 ERROR a6e73199-7d57-43e6-8134-4ba9b3ece048 Cannot delete temp file '/var/lib/psa/dumps/domains/website1.com/databases/japanb5_sam_1/backup_japanb5_sam_1_1505272137'

Since this is the only error in your log - file, there is nothing to be concerned about. The backup - files were still created and should be visible over the Plesk Control Panel - Plesk only couldn't delete it's own temporary files at the moment. This either could be a permission problem on your server, or a parsing error. If this happens from time to time, just try to delete old, temporary files in the mentioned folder by yourself.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi UFHH01 thank you this is the point , no matter how I do login pinco or root I am not able to change the permission if the File/folder is group and user root... after I updated the plesk12 I added a new website and this one is fine (user pinco group psaserv)

Hi DiPolo,

how about changing the permissions recursive for the files/folders inside your domain/subdomain - root folders, to solve your issue?

Code:
chown -R pinco:psaserv /var/www/vhosts/YOUR_DOMAIN.COM/httpdocs/

chown -R pinco:psaserv /var/www/vhosts/YOUR_DOMAIN.COM/YOUR_SUBDOMAIN.COM/

Back