• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Nginx and user group

bernhardh86

Basic Pleskian
Server operating system version
Ubuntu 22.04 LTS
Plesk version and microupdate number
Plesk Obsidian 18.0.55
In my public folder, there are folders with rwx permissions for the user gkde (which is my system user) and the psacln group. All others don't have permissions (why should they?).
The problem now is, that nginx doesn't show the files inside the folder, because the nginx user isn't member of the psacln group. See

Bash:
ps aux|grep nginx|grep -v grep
root      909653  0.0  0.0  23736  3488 ?        Ss   15:01   0:00 nginx: master process /usr/sbin/nginx
nginx     909666  0.0  0.0  25532 12588 ?        S    15:01   0:00 nginx: worker process
nginx     909672  0.0  0.0  23748  4992 ?        S    15:01   0:00 nginx: cache manager process

groups nginx  
nginx : nginx psaserv

Is it ok, to just make:

Bash:
usermod -a -G psacln nginx
service nginx restart

Or how to deal with this issue?

Not sure if this is even relevant, but: I am using nginx without apache to serve a "static" subdomain "cdn.example.com". Because of this, I disabled "proxy_mode" on this domain.

Ok. And how to solve this issue? Giving all folders x permissions and all files read permissions for everyone? Thats not a real solution in my eyes

I must have missed the issue. Could you please rephrase what issue exactly you see? When you opt for Nginx only hosting, Nginx can access all files of a website. What files do you wish to access that you cannot access?

Back