• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Issue installing Datagrid

retro1

New Pleskian
I'm having issues with a server... to be honest, I'm fed up with having to ask the host to reinstall the server!

- First setup hung whenever you did an update via Plesk panel
- Second setup decided to corrupt Plesk when I updated MariaDB

Now we have a fresh install again. Literally all I've done is:

- Change subscription from server IP to domain name
- Secured with Let's Encrypt

I then went to install Datagrid (which worked the last 2 installs) via the Security Advisor tool. Please Wait spinny thing stayed for 5 or 10 minutes, then I got:

Error: Installation failed: Execution of /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/modules/dgri/scripts/post-install.php failed with exit code 1 and the output:
There is no output, BTW!

Security Advisor now wants to "keep my system up-to-date with Datagrid", which says not activated in the list. Clicking it gives me:

Install Failure
The Datagrid telemetry client was not installed during the extension installation. This failure typically indicates a problem with the package manager on the system such as:

• A broken or inaccessible repository URL preventing the update of repository metadata.
  • An outstanding incomplete transaction preventing the package manager from installing the telemetry client.
  • The package manager database or cache is locked by another process.

To fix this problem you may:

• Uninstall and then re-install the Datagrid VCTR extension. This will attempt to install the telemetry client again. If the problem is transient, this may succeed.
  • Manually install the Datagrid telemetry client: see these instructions.

To request help or access extension documentation, please visit the Datagrid support page.

What should I do?

System specs:

• Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E3-1231 v3 @ 3.40GHz (8 core(s))
  • 8Gb RAM
  • 250Gb SSD
  • Plesk Onyx v17.0.17_build1700161028.14 os_CentOS 7
  • CentOS Linux 7.3.1611 (Core)

Datagrid is third-party extension and I would suggest you contact their support first.

Thanks. Apologies... I posted there as Plesk was telling me I should install it (assumed it came with Plesk but was just disabled) and Plesk now won't allow me to resolve the issue, but I'll give it a go.

However, I'm now experiencing issues with the Plesk updater again, so I'll have a search and post in the Onyx forum if I can't find a previous solution.

[EDIT]
Removing and reinstalling Datagrid worked... possibly related to the installer hang we are experiencing. Waited a few hours and tried again.

Last edited:
Back