• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Resolved Issue installing Datagrid

retro1

New Pleskian
I'm having issues with a server... to be honest, I'm fed up with having to ask the host to reinstall the server!

- First setup hung whenever you did an update via Plesk panel
- Second setup decided to corrupt Plesk when I updated MariaDB

Now we have a fresh install again. Literally all I've done is:

- Change subscription from server IP to domain name
- Secured with Let's Encrypt

I then went to install Datagrid (which worked the last 2 installs) via the Security Advisor tool. Please Wait spinny thing stayed for 5 or 10 minutes, then I got:

Error: Installation failed: Execution of /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/modules/dgri/scripts/post-install.php failed with exit code 1 and the output:
There is no output, BTW!

Security Advisor now wants to "keep my system up-to-date with Datagrid", which says not activated in the list. Clicking it gives me:

Install Failure
The Datagrid telemetry client was not installed during the extension installation. This failure typically indicates a problem with the package manager on the system such as:

• A broken or inaccessible repository URL preventing the update of repository metadata.
  • An outstanding incomplete transaction preventing the package manager from installing the telemetry client.
  • The package manager database or cache is locked by another process.

To fix this problem you may:

• Uninstall and then re-install the Datagrid VCTR extension. This will attempt to install the telemetry client again. If the problem is transient, this may succeed.
  • Manually install the Datagrid telemetry client: see these instructions.

To request help or access extension documentation, please visit the Datagrid support page.

What should I do?

System specs:

• Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E3-1231 v3 @ 3.40GHz (8 core(s))
  • 8Gb RAM
  • 250Gb SSD
  • Plesk Onyx v17.0.17_build1700161028.14 os_CentOS 7
  • CentOS Linux 7.3.1611 (Core)

Datagrid is third-party extension and I would suggest you contact their support first.

Thanks. Apologies... I posted there as Plesk was telling me I should install it (assumed it came with Plesk but was just disabled) and Plesk now won't allow me to resolve the issue, but I'll give it a go.

However, I'm now experiencing issues with the Plesk updater again, so I'll have a search and post in the Onyx forum if I can't find a previous solution.

[EDIT]
Removing and reinstalling Datagrid worked... possibly related to the installer hang we are experiencing. Waited a few hours and tried again.

Last edited:
Back