• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue with attempted upgrade from 10.4 to 11.5

ihayward

New Pleskian
I'm attempting to use the upgrade facility in my current Plesk 10.4 installation to install the latest version available as I want to plug the recently discovered OpenSSL issue.

When I run the autoinstaller (either through the control panel or using the ai.exe download from Plesk) I continuously get the following error:

upgrading Parallels Panel settings...
MSI: Error! The older version of Parallels Panel module cannot be removed. Contact your technical support group.
installing Parallels Panel Utilities...
MSI: Error! The older version of Parallels Panel Service Node Utilities cannot be removed. Contact your technical support group.
Failed to install 'C:\fbbf9d8ff02f22843aa039b6b97b60fa\parallels\PANEL-WIN_11.5.30\dist-msi-Microsoft-2003-i386\plesk-service-node-utilities.msi': Fatal error during installation. (Error code 1603)
Error: The installation of the package 'plesk-service-node-utilities' failed with code 1603. (install: installing Parallels Panel Utilities...)
Not all packages were installed.
Please, contact product technical support.

I have looked under 'programs' in control panel and can't see a manual way to remove the older version.

Many thanks in advance for any help anyone can provide with this.

Ian

The upgrade failed due to system inconsistency. Namely, system permissions to registry keys are broken. I suggest you contact Parallels Support Team for fixing this issue directly on your server.

BTW, There isn't openssl on Windows.
Windows comes with its own encryption component called Secure Channel (a.k.a. SChannel), which is not susceptible to the Heartbleed vulnerability.

Back