• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Issues after upgrading to Plesk Onyx

Caspar

New Pleskian
Hi Everyone,

After upgrading Plesk 12.5 to Onyx and afterwards upgrading Ubuntu 14.04 to 16.04 LTS server I have the folowing issues:

1. Every morning around 6:30 watchdog noticed that apache is down, and restarts this a few minuites later.

2. Also the FPM Modules from Plesk are not running, and when I try to start them manually I get the folowing messages in the logs:

Dec 08 15:50:06 lx01.domain.ext systemd[1]: Starting The PHP 5.6.28 FastCGI Process Manager...
Dec 08 15:50:06 lx01.domain.ext php-fpm[15403]: [08-Dec-2016 15:50:06] WARNING: Nothing matches the include pattern '/opt/plesk/php/5.6/etc/php-fpm.d/*.conf' from /opt/plesk/php/5.6/etc/php-fpm.conf at line 119.
Dec 08 15:50:06 lx01.domain.ext php-fpm[15403]: [08-Dec-2016 15:50:06] ERROR: No pool defined. at least one pool section must be specified in config file
Dec 08 15:50:06 lx01.domain.ext php-fpm[15403]: [08-Dec-2016 15:50:06] ERROR: failed to post process the configuration
Dec 08 15:50:06 lx01.domain.ext php-fpm[15403]: [08-Dec-2016 15:50:06] ERROR: FPM initialization failed
Dec 08 15:50:06 lx01.domain.ext systemd[1]: plesk-php56-fpm.service: Main process exited, code=exited, status=78/n/a
Dec 08 15:50:06 lx01.domain.ext systemd[1]: Failed to start The PHP 5.6.28 FastCGI Process Manager.
Dec 08 15:50:06 lx01.domain.ext systemd[1]: plesk-php56-fpm.service: Unit entered failed state.
Dec 08 15:50:06 lx01.domain.ext systemd[1]: plesk-php56-fpm.service: Failed with result 'exit-code'.

What I already tried is the folowing:
#plesk repair web
#plesk repair installation
#plesk repair web -php-handlers
#plesk repair all

Thank you in advance for looking into this.

Hi Caspar,

Every morning around 6:30 watchdog noticed that apache is down, and restarts this a few minuites later.
Pls check and follow the following forum posts: => #4 / #55 / ... and many more here in this Plesk - Forum.

Also the FPM Modules from Plesk are not running, and when I try to start them manually I get the folowing messages in the logs:
Pls. consider to read your current error message:
ERROR: No pool defined. at least one pool section must be specified in config file
Unlike with your server-wide PHP - FPM configuration, Plesk doesn't install a pool like "www" for it's Plesk - PHP - FPM - versions - it only installs (sub)domain - specific pools. Pls. check your (sub)domain - specific settings at "Home > Subscriptions > YOUR-DOMAIN.COM > PHP Settings" and choose the desired PHP-FPM - handler. You will then notice, that when you CHANGE it to a Plesk-PHP-version as, for example "5.6.28" and "FPM application served by ...", Plesk will install a corresponding (sub)domain - pool - configuration at "/opt/plesk/php/5.6/etc/php-fpm.d/" and you are then as well able to use a command like: "service plesk-php56-fpm stop/start or restart".

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. I have tried to search for the solution, but apparently didn't find the correct keywords.

The FPM is now running, and it looks to work correctly (the question now is, would FPM be better, or the "normal" php better).

For the restart of Apache I will let you know as soon as possible, hopefully tomorrow morning (for me).

Thank you for your time.

Hi Caspar,

(the question now is, would FPM be better, or the "normal" php better).
Such a question can't be answered at all, because it depends on your UNIQUE content. Use sites like "webpagetest.org" for example, to test, or consider to use a Google search for other test - sites, or test - methods.

I forgot to update, but it looks like everything is working. Thanks for your help (and sorry I couldn't find the answers even though they had been asked before)

Back