• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

issues with mailman email address [email protected]

D

dthoward

Plesk 7.5.2 on Redhat 9 ... GoDaddy ...

Mailman is working but ... noticed that the site mail list "mailman" is not functioning. That is to say, messages sent to [email protected] bounce.

On a domains main mail list web page there is this address reference ... as I said, mail to this address bounces.

"Send questions or comments to [email protected]."

Any ideas !!! Thanks !!! Todd

Here's what I have found and what I have sent to GoDaddy

Here's an update ... please let me know what progress has been made on your end ??? THanks

the virtual host entry lists.xxx.yyy.zzz.secureserver.net created by Plesk is not possible in the BlueRazor Hosting environment ... what is the correct setting ???

the Plesk initialization process does not configure the qmail entries to the site list "mailman" ... is there a fix ???

the site list "mailman" does not show up on the list of maillists within the Plesk control panel ... it should, how can I manage this list ??? for example by default it has a public archive and anyone can subscribe, not safe defaults ...

and since mailman is not virtual, what is the proper procedure to correct email address references like "[email protected]" when the "mailman" site list is at [email protected] ??? Plesk should have this configured (or at least documentation to list any manual configuration steps), the admin shouldnt need to do it ...

I realize that a Virtual Hosting account needs to be supported by the purchaser ... but these are bugs, I purchased the Plesk service to deal with a portion of the admin tasks, its broken ...

Back