• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Please beaware of a breaking change in the REST API on the next Plesk release (18.0.62).
    Starting from Plesk Obsidian 18.0.62, requests to REST API containing the Content-Type header with a media-type directive other than “application/json” will result in the HTTP “415 Unsupported Media Type” client error response code. Read more here

Issues with migration between two Plesk Servers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Davicval

New Pleskian
Hi support,

I am configuring a new Plesk server 12.x based on Linux. I already have a Plesk server in 10.x on Windows and i would like to transfer all the data we have on this one to the new server.

I tried to do a backup of the old server using the web interface but the zip file created was not compatible with the one using Linux.

So my question is: What is the easiest way to do what i want?

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks,
David

The two are not compatible. Whenever I have moved domains from one platform to the other I have had to create the domain then ftp the data down from windows and back up for linux. This is a domain by domain task. That means re-creating email addresses, databases etc. PITA.

I have yet to read anything any different about plesk 12 but in the end Windows is Windows and Linux is Linux and the two use totally different everything from MTA to DNS.

Thanks for both answers, I'll try to move my new Plesk on Windows and see how can i transfer my data.

Thanks again for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back