• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issues with /var/lib/plesk/mail/outgoing/data.db after (example: adding a new domain)

Status
Not open for further replies.

rapscallion42

New Pleskian
After upgrading to Plesk 12.0.18, I had to fix a number of problems with the Plesk Panel. Upgrading the Ubuntu 10.4.4 packages to the latest versions worked well, but I have one remaining issue with email that is unresolved.

Note: I can send and receive all email fine now, after correcting a problem with incorrect page sizes in the postfix db files... the mail log file was full of errors suggesting that the *.db files in /var/spool/postfix/plesk had the wrong page sizes. This was rectified by recreating the hash files again from source input -- postfix now works. Please read on...

However, various related issues remain when using the Plesk Panel administration, for example adding a new domain. The following error occurs:
Screen Shot 2014-08-31 at 20.49.19.png

This references the /var/lib/plesk/mail/outgoing/data.db file (I believe). So, this file is probably corrupt also and needs to be rebuilt - I am just not sure how to rebuild it. I have found this article http://kb.odin.com/en/122104, however it suggests to rebuild via mchk utility. If I do this, it fails on the first file check but does manage to corrupt the transport.db file (at least this is what I think is failing), so that emails can no longer be sent or delivered -- postfix drops all the emails that it processes. I had taken a backup of the /var/spool/postfix/plesk/*.db files and when I restore these, email send / receive works again.

So, any suggestions on rebuilding the data.db file?

Thanks in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back