• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issues with Windows 2008 Server after Plesk Install

SWJA85

New Pleskian
Hi

I recently installed plesk 11 on my windows 2008 server but have had issues since. Essentially, an FTP site I set-up via IIS no longer works (although I can still FTP to localhost) and in trying to address that I noticed that my Administrator account can no longer access the Domain Controller (it asks me to log on as a user with domain privileges).

I have a feeling that both these issues are linked however I'm not overly technical and am struggling to find a solution. Does Plesk make changes to settings related to the above when its installed?

Any ideas appreciated as I'm going out of my mind!

Thanks

Hi

I recently installed plesk 11 on my windows 2008 server but have had issues since. Essentially, an FTP site I set-up via IIS no longer works (although I can still FTP to localhost) and in trying to address that I noticed that my Administrator account can no longer access the Domain Controller (it asks me to log on as a user with domain privileges).

I have a feeling that both these issues are linked however I'm not overly technical and am struggling to find a solution. Does Plesk make changes to settings related to the above when its installed?

Any ideas appreciated as I'm going out of my mind!

Thanks

As I use Plesk 9.5 on Windows Server 2008, I dont have this experience, I use Plesk 11 on Windows Server 2012, I wouldnt recommend you to use this Plesk version, too many problem. Good interface but nothing usefull.

To add a little more info, I can still access FTP set-up through Plesk itself but not the FTP I set-up through IIS which allows me to access the server's C: drive. The error I get is '530 - user cannot login, home directory inaccessible'. Any ideas?

I'd be prepared to uninstall Plesk and cut my losses if that would help, but would it revert my settings to their prior state?

Digging a little deeper, it seems as though installing Plesk has restricted the rights of the Administrator account previously used to access FTP, as set up in active directory. As per the above, I can't access active directory. Any idea how I can regain access - I'm still prepared to uninstall Plesk if I need to?

Back