• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Joomla updates are not applied in 12.8

onki

Regular Pleskian
Hi,

I am using the auto update feature of my Joomla installations and it worked well on Plesk 12.5. There was just a 2-3 days delay between announcement of the update and the real update of the installed application. This is OK since the last updates were only low priority security issues (I hope with important issues the time is shorter).
I have updated to Plesk 12.8 a while ago and since then no update is done. The last update (Joomla 3.8.12) was released on August 28th but since today nothing happened on my websites. This is a bit long, even for a low priority update. All my websites are still on 3.8.11 although automatic update is enabled.

Is there something wrong with the update feature? All the incomings mails with new version announcements are a bit annoying.

Best regards
Onki

Hi again,

Does no one really uses Joomla as an application in Plesk? Or is Joomla no longer supported by Plesk.
I did update my sites manually in the meantime but still 3.8.11 is shown as current version.

Best regards
Onki

Hi,

today I got a notification, that Joomla updates have been installed. The release of that version was August 28th.
I hope that future versions with probably medium to high security fixes will be applied earlier.

Best regards
Onki

Hi,

Yesterday the new version 3.8.13 was released. Lets see how long it takes for an update in Plesk.
I found something in the latest release notes but this does not apply to my installation since I am using PHP 7.2.x:
Update 58:
Joomla! instances on subscriptions with PHP 7.0.x can now be updated. (PPPM-9297)

Best regards
Onki

Back