1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice

Kaspersky ?

Discussion in 'Plesk for Windows - 8.x and Older' started by JVRudnick, Nov 19, 2005.

1. JVRudnick

JVRudnick Guest

Can anyone confirm, that SW has now changed from DrWeb to Kaspersky as the av app of choice?

IE all new installs now include Kaspersky ?

JIm

2. vekna

vekna Guest

I think no, but I not yet looked Plesk 7.5.6

3. JVRudnick

JVRudnick Guest

7.5.5 apparently

DOES come with Kaspersky...

anyone KNOW what SW's official position is on their chosen AV item?

Jim

4. jbuts

jbuts Guest

Actually, Plesk supports Dr.Web and Kaspersky antiviruses well.

5. JVRudnick

JVRudnick Guest

not interested...

in what it supports...

i want a SW employee here to answer....has DrWeb been switched now for Kaspersky as the av when you get a 7.5.5 or better install.

sw employee or mod only please

Jim

6. PaulC

PaulC Regular Pleskian

57%
    It supports both, it is up to the person installing to choose what they would like to use. If you dont want to use one, use the other.

If it really does bother you that much (I cant see why) then try emailing with the question.

7. JVRudnick

JVRudnick Guest

Yes...it does matter...

as I wish to know if SW has 'abandoned' DrWeb.

as a Plesk user for over a year, I've been involved in installs and upgrades and Kaspersky was NEVER included up to 7.5.4.

so...any comment, SW?

Jim

8. Redah

Redah Guest

You're really paranoid (and not paying attention during installations)...

Plesk installation includes BOTH drweb AND kaspersky... YOU select which one to install, they BOTH have trial license keys provided, YOU can decide which one you want.

This has been so since 7.5.0. So either you don't pay attention to what you install ('default' isn't always the best way) or you're really missing something.

I just downloaded the 7.5.0 package to verify this. SWSoft isn't abandoning anything, you just need to pay attention to what you install :)

Case closed, thread closed ;)

9. JVRudnick

JVRudnick Guest

But

not my displeasure at the mess DrWeb made of things two weeks ago...and as you noted, only since 7.5.0

it's Kas for us....

MODs, yup, you can close this one!

Jim