• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Kaspersky ?

J

JVRudnick

Can anyone confirm, that SW has now changed from DrWeb to Kaspersky as the av app of choice?

IE all new installs now include Kaspersky ?

JIm

7.5.5 apparently

DOES come with Kaspersky...

anyone KNOW what SW's official position is on their chosen AV item?

Jim

Actually, Plesk supports Dr.Web and Kaspersky antiviruses well.

not interested...

in what it supports...

i want a SW employee here to answer....has DrWeb been switched now for Kaspersky as the av when you get a 7.5.5 or better install.

sw employee or mod only please

Jim

It supports both, it is up to the person installing to choose what they would like to use. If you dont want to use one, use the other.

If it really does bother you that much (I cant see why) then try emailing with the question.

Yes...it does matter...

as I wish to know if SW has 'abandoned' DrWeb.

as a Plesk user for over a year, I've been involved in installs and upgrades and Kaspersky was NEVER included up to 7.5.4.

so...any comment, SW?

Jim

You're really paranoid (and not paying attention during installations)...

Plesk installation includes BOTH drweb AND kaspersky... YOU select which one to install, they BOTH have trial license keys provided, YOU can decide which one you want.

This has been so since 7.5.0. So either you don't pay attention to what you install ('default' isn't always the best way) or you're really missing something.

I just downloaded the 7.5.0 package to verify this. SWSoft isn't abandoning anything, you just need to pay attention to what you install :)

Case closed, thread closed ;)

But

not my displeasure at the mess DrWeb made of things two weeks ago...and as you noted, only since 7.5.0

it's Kas for us....

MODs, yup, you can close this one!

Jim

Back