• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Known list of Bugs in Plesk 9.0

Silver Pleskian
Lets get a list running and this is a good place for it so it does not get swallowed else where.

1 - Plesk GUI does not save any sortings. Select 100 a page or sort by another column. Log out and come back its back to default again! So the settings are not being saved.

2 - Watchdog statistics always display 24h, in fact you can't get anything else no matter what - probably related to bug 1.

3 - Notifications. This broken by the upgrade tables were not properly added, some also find their notes table is also short of the required 22 entries. There is also another bug that entry 12 a notification about applications errors is not in the Notifications on the GUI

4 - spamassassin. On Fedora 8 emails are no longer running through spamassassin.
If you look in /var/qmail/mailnames/domain.com/mailname/.qmail file it only contains:

| true
| /usr/bin/deliverquota ./Maildir

It used to contain:

| /usr/local/psa/bin/psa-spamc reject
| true

What is worse is /usr/local/psa/bin/psa-spamc no longer exists on the system!

5 - Backups are messed up. I found yum remove psa-backup-manager and then going into installer adding it fixed the issue. For Fedora 8 it was missing stuff in the database yet again.

6 - Constant there is an update in the updater. I solved this by downloading the installer, running it as is and presto 'plesk is up to date'

So any more can we add to this I think a central place is a good idea.

Another bug is that if I try to delete files from my FTP Repositories it says FTP Network Error :( I am running FedoraCore 6 x64

There are quite some other bugs too...

I got a really strange thing happening with email accounts using postfix. The strangest part about it is, that it only affects e-mail addresse with info@. Some of them didn't receive e-mails anymore, when sending to them i got mails back from the mail-daemon saying the message couldn't be delivered. Also sending from it was denied with a relay denied. I had to delete and renew it and after that it worked. Same goes for php scripts (a contact form as for example) which deny to send e-mails to external e-mail adresses wit "recipient is not in my local recipient list". I don't get it...

Another bug is that if I try to delete files from my FTP Repositories it says FTP Network Error :( I am running FedoraCore 6 x64

Hello TerryM,

Thank you for the report.

FTP service is switched off on autoinstall.plesk.com and download1.parallels.com.
Please use HTTP service to download software.

Hello TerryM,

Thank you for the report.

FTP service is switched off on autoinstall.plesk.com and download1.parallels.com.
Please use HTTP service to download software.

This has nothing to do with this problem, like I said I go to Personal FTP Repository and it shows my backed up files, however if I tick some of these and then clck Remove it shows FTP Network Error

Home/Client Accounts/<ACCOUNT>/Backup Manager

Strange bug, setup my Scheduled Backup Settings so it backs up each client (so set each client individually) and do five clients at different times, eg. 04:30; 05:00; 05:30; 06:00; 06:30 however checked the backups this morning and it did them at 00:01 (all 5 of them). Not only this but it also did 4 of them at 07:31 lmao

Any ideas as to why this is happening as backups are most probs the most important thing to have working on a an unstable Plesk lmao.

Did you have problems with backup from the start? If so remove psa-backup-manager and let the installer put it back

Did you have problems with backup from the start? If so remove psa-backup-manager and let the installer put it back

Hi

Not at all, all seems ok except times it made backups is always 12:01 lol :( even if I set 04:00, and my time settings I have set to GMT +00:00 as I am in the UK

Hi

Not at all, all seems ok except times it made backups is always 12:01 lol :( even if I set 04:00, and my time settings I have set to GMT +00:00 as I am in the UK

Also if we click the little disk icons to the right of backups to save them, we get the following error in the Backup Manager:

Error: pmm-ras error (Error code = -6):
== STDOUT ====================

==============================
== STDERR ====================
terminate called after throwing an instance of 'plesk::CurlException'

==============================

someone here that has installed by scratch? can he checks for existence object of type Notification with id=13 ?
if affermative, can provides it here?
tia
maurizio

Lets get a list running and this is a good place for it so it does not get swallowed else where.

1 - Plesk GUI does not save any sortings. Select 100 a page or sort by another column. Log out and come back its back to default again! So the settings are not being saved.

2 - Watchdog statistics always display 24h, in fact you can't get anything else no matter what - probably related to bug 1.

3 - Notifications. This broken by the upgrade tables were not properly added, some also find their notes table is also short of the required 22 entries. There is also another bug that entry 12 a notification about applications errors is not in the Notifications on the GUI

4 - spamassassin. On Fedora 8 emails are no longer running through spamassassin.
If you look in /var/qmail/mailnames/domain.com/mailname/.qmail file it only contains:

| true

It used to contain:

| true

5 - Backups are messed up. I found yum remove psa-backup-manager and then going into installer adding it fixed the issue. For Fedora 8 it was missing stuff in the database yet again.

6 - Constant there is an update in the updater. I solved this by downloading the installer, running it as is and presto 'plesk is up to date'

They compiled the spamc into a hook called spam under /usr/local/psa/handlers/hooks

They also forgot to give us a way to change the settings in DNS for the clients.

Spamassassin does not delete mail anymore. It just creates new messages and sends a rejection notice.

As soon as I get the patches (which they have to release because all the code is open source) I will fix the problem myself since I am not seeing any fixes coming soon.

| true

It used to contain:

| true

With regards to (5) I tried this and now Backup Manager wont show up in control panel and I cant reinstall even tried yum install psa-backup-manager

Any ideas???

With regards to (5) I tried this and now Backup Manager wont show up in control panel and I cant reinstall even tried yum install psa-backup-manager

Any ideas???

Ok got Backup Manager back lol, but still problems with Personal FTP Repositories, however if anybody is having issues with AtMail then I would suggest you visit: http://forum.swsoft.com/showthread.php?p=220437#post220437

As this is a newer version which will ship with Plesk 9.0.1, its very easy to install and any questions let me know so I can help.

Thanks
Terry

An even better idea would be to name it "List of known bugs". :)

Even more I would prefer "List of known defects", as "bugs" is a euphemism.

I append a few more below, some of which may already have been mentioned elsewhere.

Hans-Georg

----- Backup of the entire server always fails -----

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<execution-result status="error">
<object name="backup" type="backupowner">
<message severity="error" code="msgtext">The dump have been invalidated by check-dump operation</message>
</object>
<message severity="error" code="msgtext">Runtime error: The check dump failed with code '1'. The dump can contain invalid data! at /usr/local/psa/admin/bin/plesk_agent_manager line 638.
</message>
</object>
</execution-result>

Not to mention that the author of these messages could not write proper English.

----- Plesk Web Server keeps failing -----

Automatic email 1:

The Plesk Web Server service on host india155.server4you.de is down.
The problem was discovered on Dec 20, 2008 12:03 AM.

Automatic email 2:

The Plesk Web Server service on host india155.server4you.de has been started on Dec 20, 2008 12:14 AM.

----- Email sending fails -----

When SPF checking is enabled, users without SPF in their domains cannot send mail at all.

----- Email receiving severely defective -----

When SPF checking is enabled, users receive all their emails encoded, such that email clients cannot read the headers and show everything, including the mail header, in the mail body, while the header fields remain empty.

An even better idea would be to name it "List of known bugs". :)

Even more I would prefer "List of known defects", as "bugs" is a euphemism.

I append a few more below, some of which may already have been mentioned elsewhere.

Hans-Georg

----- Backup of the entire server always fails -----

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<execution-result status="error">
<message severity="error" code="msgtext">The dump have been invalidated by check-dump operation</message>
</object>
<message severity="error" code="msgtext">Runtime error: The check dump failed with code '1'. The dump can contain invalid data! at /usr/local/psa/admin/bin/plesk_agent_manager line 638.
</message>
</object>
</execution-result>

Not to mention that the author of these messages could not write proper English.

----- Plesk Web Server keeps failing -----

Automatic email 1:

The Plesk Web Server service on host india155.server4you.de is down.
The problem was discovered on Dec 20, 2008 12:03 AM.

Automatic email 2:

The Plesk Web Server service on host india155.server4you.de has been started on Dec 20, 2008 12:14 AM.

----- Email sending fails -----

When SPF checking is enabled, users without SPF in their domains cannot send mail at all.

----- Email receiving severely defective -----

When SPF checking is enabled, users receive all their emails encoded, such that email clients cannot read the headers and show everything, including the mail header, in the mail body, while the header fields remain empty.

SPF there is a fix, please let me know if you have not found on forums. It involves copying a file to your server :) not bad hey for something we all pay good money for. We dont mind bugs, but not silly things that should not get past beta stage.

We also get the bug with plesk stoppping/restarting and have had others also tell us this happens to them.

And backup well thats a joke lol, as I cant even delete or restore backups from my 1and1 FTP backup account using the Remote FTP Repository option due to get FTP Network Error lol

And just to top it all off, nobody from Parallels replies to these emails to say hey, sorry for those bugs, we are working on them and they will be fixed in 9.0.1 soon. So I expect 9.0.1 wont even fix most of the things we are even complaining about.

So parallells please please please respect us as customers and give us some feedback as to what you are doing about the problems we report, as we ourselves are spending our time giving you detailed feedback of issues to fix which in turn makes your products better.

Anybody who agrees with me, please reply here here

Back