• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Language settings in German, but only for a part of one site!

Andrew Jackson

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
CentOS Linux 7.9.2009 (Core)
Plesk version and microupdate number
Plesk Obsidian Version 18.0.54 Update #3, last updated on Aug 14, 2023 12:02 PM
Hi

We have noticed in our admin interface that one of our sites is showing up partially in German in the admin interface.

In WP Toolkit the user setting is German, and in WordPress, the site is in German. Everything we see is in English, bar the odd item. This issue is present only in this one particular site in our VPS. All other sites on our VPS are fine.

1692203311629.png

Yes, in that particular Window that is the only element in German. However, it does crop up in other windows as well referring to other things

I think that is an expected behavior from libraries that the user surface uses. These look at the browser preference language. They have their own way of picking a language. You can see this symptom on several major platforms such as Slack, Uservoice and more, too. If you change your browser language preference to "English", the strings will probably be displayed in English.

Thank for your help, the issue now appears to be getting worse. I am going to contact my hosting provider to see if there is anything they can help with as more of the backend is now appearing in German, and I cannot see anything that has a German setting no matter where I look

Can you please provide a screenshot of an example where you see more mixed language content?

Fixed

Turned out to be a local browser caching issue!?

Never used German in my browser in my life, bu clearing the cache and the issue has gone away....for now.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-08-17_201541.png
    Screenshot_2023-08-17_201541.png
    227 KB · Views: 3
Back