• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Latest update and Spamassassin

N

NightStorm

Since the most recent update, my server does not seem to care what the levels for spam tagging are set to. I have changed both the server level, and the personal level to 5. I have checked the sa_conf table in the psa database to assure that yes, the email account is set to 5. I have checked /etc/mail/spamassassin/local.cf to make sure that required_score is set to 5.
And yet, the mail coming in has this in the headers, and is obviously missing a lot of spam now.
X-Spam-Status: No, score=5.3 required=7.0
What's the deal? Why is spamassassin suddenly not listening to the settings I am giving it, since this last update?

NightStorm, a bit off topic but since you posted I am hoping you are still around. I am in desperate need of knowing the contents of the file:

/etc/httpd/conf.d/zz010_psa_httpd.conf

Also, do you have psa-spamassassin and spamassassin installed or just one or the other. Have you tried restarting it through the command line?

Both, and yes, they have been restarted. Made no difference.
and that file should contain the virtualhost settings for each domain on the server, as well as every IP. Posting mine won't help you much, as you don't have the domains, IPs, or custom settings that I do.
You *should* be able to execute a shell command that will have Plesk auto-regen the file contents from what is stored in the psa database. This is what happens when you manually make any change to the file anyway.

Try running /usr/local/psa/admin/bin/websrvmng -a

NightStorm,

I had the same problem with spam and swsoft fixed it with this:

Some of them occured because the following files were empty:

/var/qmail/mailnames/designhosting.biz/bhm/.spamassassin/bayes_seen
/var/qmail/mailnames/designhosting.biz/bhm/.spamassassin/auto-whitelist
/var/qmail/mailnames/designhosting.biz/bhm/.spamassassin/bayes_toks

There were a bunch of such empty files, so I've just removed them, they'll be recreated by SpamAssassin later:

[root@godslove root]# find /var/qmail/mailnames/*/*/.spamassassin -size 0 | xargs rm

Also, user_prefs files were not upgraded to SpamAssassin 3 format, so I've done it manually with sed.

Now, I don't understand what they did as far as manually upgrading the user_prefs to SA3 with sed but maybe you do.

Back