• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Let's Encrypt and IOS problem

Cordal

Basic Pleskian
I have a plesk server with the mail server protected by an SSL certificate Let's Encrypt, the problem occurs every time this certificate is automatically renewed, and mail clients that work under the Apple IOS system, the warning appears that the certificate is not reliable, and there is no way to accept it unless you delete the account and configure it again, anyone knows a solution for this?

anyone knows a solution for this?
The first Plesk faq article mentioned is indeed the best solution there is, I'll mark the thread as "solved". We, too, have very many customers who suffer from this iOS bug. It is so annoying for the users, but it's clearly an iOS issue.

Hello. The referenced Plesk article now gives a "not authorized" message. Please restore access to the article, and/or provide an update, if something has changed that affects this issue. Our 2 year certificate is coming up for renewal and I wanted to review the article before notifying Apple users that they will have to recreate their mail accounts on iOS, when the certificate is renewed, due to this issue.

Let's Encrypt certificates have a 3-month-renewal period. If your certificate is 2 years old, it cannot be a Let's Encrypt certificate.

The first Plesk faq article mentioned is indeed the best solution there is, I'll mark the thread as "solved". We, too, have very many customers who suffer from this iOS bug. It is so annoying for the users, but it's clearly an iOS issue.
Please consider removing the "resolved" flag on this thread, since the Plesk article that "resolved" this issue is no longer available.

The article did not provide a solution, because it is an iOS bug on some Apple devices. It is related to their SSL root certificates and that some of the devices and OS interpret a simple prolongation of an existing SSL certificate as a "new" certificate, so that the keys that the device or the OS stores are broken.

Yes it is. Recently a customer told me that indeed their Apple devices still have no "accept" button for new certificates.

Back