• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Lets Encrypt - IMAP, POP and SMTP option

Goodfred

Basic Pleskian
Server operating system version
Ubuntu 20.04 and 22.04
Plesk version and microupdate number
Hello everyone! :)

I've been asked, why someone doesn't have the option to secure IMAP, POP and SMTP with Lets Encrypt on his server.

On another server, its activated with lets encrypt. (screenshot)

Screenshot 2023-08-23 092001.png

On another server, we want to activate it, but atm we don't know how. (the option for that is not shown there)

We would be very happy if you have tips/etc., to activate IMAP, POP, SMTP for the other server as its in the screenshot.

Im thankful for answers, I wish a good week and I stay with kind regards
Goodfred

Two settings can lead to success:

1) When you create or re-issue a certificate, please also check the "Assign the certificate to the mail domain" checkbox.

1692776693426.png

2) On the "Mail Settings" page select that certificate from the "SSL/TLS certificates for mail" drop down:

1692776803677.png

Two settings can lead to success:

1) When you create or re-issue a certificate, please also check the "Assign the certificate to the mail domain" checkbox.

View attachment 24086

2) On the "Mail Settings" page select that certificate from the "SSL/TLS certificates for mail" drop down:

View attachment 24087

1) We will try! Thank you very much! :)

2) I only find the option to secure SSL/TLS for webmail

I will tell you if setting 1 is working! :)
If you have any other ideas - thank you! :D

Goodfred

Both settings did not lead to success.

As I said for 2)
Therre is no option for mail. There is only webmail

1) The same thing. There is an option for webmail, but not for mail(IMAP/POP/SMTP)

Do you have any other ideas?

Thank you! :)

I wanted to apply this possible solution, but I got:

# grep SNI_SUPPORT /etc/psa/psa.conf
SNI_SUPPORT true

(its already activated/true)

Do you have another idea how to fix this/enable the Lets Encrypt option?

Hello again! :)

The support said:
The SNI-allocation of certificates in Plesk is only working when using Dovecot as IMAP/POP-3-Server.
(this customer is using Courier atm)

Im asking myself if there would be problems when we switch from Courier to Dovecot.

Yes, there could be problems, but last time I did this was many years ago. As far as I remember there were issues with very large mailboxes. So at least you'll need to have a backup of the mailboxes just in case. The change can also trigger that your mail clients will re-download all mails again afterwards.

Yes, there could be problems, but last time I did this was many years ago. As far as I remember there were issues with very large mailboxes. So at least you'll need to have a backup of the mailboxes just in case. The change can also trigger that your mail clients will re-download all mails again afterwards.

Next question: If we change from Courier to Dovecot and there are issues: Can we fix the issues with changing back to Courier in the case, we want to stay with Courier then because the issues are to big?

I think we should be brave in this case and just try it! :D

We have an Acronis Cloud backup of the full VM/machine.

If we break something we would re-install the VM from the backup.

Last question: Is it for sure that the mails would be downloaded again when we change from Courier to Dovecot or can we have luck and the mail programms doesnt download the mails again? :D

As far as I remember, some mail programs tend to download it again. And pretty sure Apple mail clients will, because they do the same upon restore of mails. But, no, we cannot be sure if an which clients will. The problem lies in the different way, mails are stored, and the different index files that are generated by the two servers (Courier and Dovecot) and the timestamps in these files.

If it is only a download an we don't have to set up the mail accounts again, then we can live with it! :D

Back