• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Resolved Let's Encrypt no error message, no errorlog

RaHa

Basic Pleskian
Version Plesk Onyx v17.5.3_build1705170317.16 os_Ubuntu 16.04
Let's Encrypt Version: 2.5.1-344

If i want to install a cert I get this message:

Fehler: Für checkip.net konnte kein SSL/TLS-Zertifikat von Let's Encrypt ausgestellt werden. Fehler bei der Autorisierung der Domain.

Zusätzliche Fehlerinformationen:
%%message%%

I cann't find an errorlog for more information.
Access to .well-known/acme-challenge/ is possible, domain has A- and AAAA-records.

Where is the errorlog of Let's Encrypt?
How can I resolve the problem?

Thanks for help!

The error you are describing is most likely caused by a wrong order in the configuraton process. You will probably FIRST have set the "Forward to SSL" before you have installed the certificate. In that case the certificate cannot be verified, because the request of the token will be redirected to the SSL version of the site, but the SSL version does not yet work, because the certificate is not yet present.

Solution: Go into "hosting settings" of the domain and remove the checkmark from the "Dauerhafte, für SEO geeignete 301-Weiterleitung von HTTP zu HTTPS" checkbox. Save the setting. Then try to obtain the certificate again.

Thanks all for help. Missing an error.log I cann't defined the error. The provider inform me: For the domain, the server's IPv6 address is not supplied. This leads to the problems you described with Let's Encrypt. I found that the nameserver didn't deliver AAAA. I reinstall DNS Self at the domain-provider and now it works.

Back