• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Lets Encrypt not working

Stuart De Usoz

New Pleskian
I've setup a few domains and subdomain letencrypt certs on a server at Ionos USA , yet it's not working. I have other Plesk servers so I'm rather familiar with process. With this Cenos 6 server I have a few domains but the browser always points to a single domain certificate on the server, no matter which domain or subdomain browser points to, yet on the Plesk panel Domains Let's Encrypt has been installed, and I can renew, but still (error from Chrome:)

This server could not prove that it is dev.medapartments.com; its security certificate is from hmsys.com. This may be caused by a misconfiguration or an attacker intercepting your connection.

I tried running domain as php 5.6 and 7.2 and both nginx/fpm and apache/fastCGI, as well as tried turning off proxy mode with nginx. every time I tried to run:

plesk repair web -sslcerts dev.medapartments.com

every time, I get

Repairing web server configuration
Reinstalling SSL/TLS certificates ............................... [OK]
Applying the default SSL/TLS certificate to all IP addresses .... [OK]

Repair web server configuration for domains dev.medapartments.com? [Y/n] y
Repairing web server configuration for the domain
dev.medapartments.com ........................................... [2019-08-09 11:47:44.260] ERR [util_exec] proc_close() failed ['/usr/local/psa/admin/bin/httpdmng' '--reconfigure-domain' 'dev.medapartments.com'] with exit code [1]
[FAILED]
- httpdmng failed: [2019-08-09 11:47:42.741] ERR [util_exec]
proc_close() failed ['/usr/local/psa/admin/bin/nginx_control'
'--restart'] with exit code [1]
Can not reload proxy server:

Oh and I tried going to main domain medapartments.com and setting up wildcard lets encrypt which required I add a TXT record, did all that. still browser/server are telling me cert is pointing at different domain. Also enabled tls/ssl in hosting options, check. Also the correct specific subdomain cert is chosen in pulldown for certs in hosting.

Back