• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Let's Encrypt Wildcard by default

Mauzer

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
CloudLinux 8.7
Plesk version and microupdate number
By default it seems that Let's Encrypt will only secure the main naked domain, www and webmail, as per my first screenshot-1

However, our situation is different and we need to Wildcard secure all domains by default (when created) and then assign the certificate to the mail domain, as per screenshot-2

I cannot for the life of me see where to set this in Plesk.

Attachments

• ssl-1.png
    ssl-1.png
    68.5 KB · Views: 8
  • ssl-2.png
    ssl-2.png
    71 KB · Views: 8
I am trying hard to understand the question. On screenshot ssl-2.png you show where to opt for the wildcard certificate solution, but your text says you cannot see where to set this in Plesk. Could you please rephrase the question as it seems to be answered by screenshot ssl-2.png already?

Basically I want a new subscription/domain to be created with a wildcard SSL by default, as soon as it is set up in Plesk, and that same wildcard certificate must be assigned to the mail domain, as per ssl-2.png.

At the moment the client has to log in and do this himself, because only domain.com www.domain.com and webmail.domain.com is secured.

To me, it's a nice to have but not back breaking since some I sometimes would like to use an email address that's not associated with the subscription for better tracking so doing it at the time of the SSL certification creation is better then having to remember to go in and manually update it after the automatic process of the domain creation is done. Just my honest opinion.

But I agree, please vote for the feature request on user voice.

Back