• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Lets Encrypt with docker extension

dray

New Pleskian
Hello :)

If you are using the docker extension you will not be able to issue certificates. The latest update of the lets encrypt extension tries to solve this problem of having custom configurations on your vhost but using lets encrypt for securing domains.
But unfortunately it does not work. They added the following parts to each vhost.conf:

#extension letsencrypt begin
location /.well-known/acme-challenge/ {
root /var/www/vhosts/default/htdocs;

The solution for the problem is to use a ^~ inside the location. [1]

#extension letsencrypt begin
location ^~ /.well-known/acme-challenge/ {
root /var/www/vhosts/default/htdocs;

It would be great if this issue will be fixed fast because I cannot really use plesk until it is fixed.

Cheers,
dray

Hello

This may help someone out there. I tried everything shown above and on other plesk forum with no success, what worked for me was to:

>>Remove the docker proxy (from the domain dashboard)
>>issue the certificate (with no docker domain linked)
>>then add the docker proxy

After a successful certificate issuance and docker proxy linked, I also tried to renew certificate which also work.

If setting up a new docker domain/subdomain, I believe issuing the certificate first before linking the docker proxy domain is the way to go.

Best,
Benay.

Back