• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Letsencrypt cffi-1.3.0-cp26-none-linux_x86_64.whl is not a supported wheel on this platform

I'm having some issues installing the Letsencrypt installation on my server:

OS‪CentOS 6.6 (Final)
‬Plesk version12.5.30 Update #24

When attempting to install the extension I am getting the following error:

Error: Failed to install the extension: Executing /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/modules/letsencrypt/scripts/post-install.php failed: Bootstrapping dependencies for centos 6 x86_64... Creating virtual environment... Updating letsencrypt and virtual environment dependencies... cffi-1.3.0-cp26-none-linux_x86_64.whl is not a supported wheel on this platform.

Though after this the extension is present in the Extensions Management page. If I attempt to generate a certificate using the extension, I am then presented with the following error:

Error: Let's Encrypt SSL certificate installation failed: Failed letsencrypt execution: sh: /usr/local/psa/var/modules/letsencrypt/venv/bin/letsencrypt: No such file or directory

If I inspect that location, the venv folder is missing, however there is a folder named venv.xxxxx which is different on each attempt.

I am assuming the key part of the installation error is "cffi-1.3.0-cp26-none-linux_x86_64.whl". I have come to understand that the "cp26" is related to python2.6.x as mentioned in passing by Igor in this thread https://talk.plesk.com/threads/lets-encrypt-support.334195/page-3#post-795778

I'm a bit lost here as my current python version is 2.6.6. When initially I was following instructions WMPU provided on how to install one of these certificates they said it was necessary to have at least 2.7. I have also seen in multiple places that the core python version shouldn't be updated as it could break essential apps like yum. I used this set of instructions to install python 2.7 separately (for 2.7 only, not 3). I'm not even sure if I do or don't need 2.7.

I am able to generate certificates via SSH and I've been able to copy and paste from the cert.pem and privkey.pem files directly into the Plesk control panel, e.g. for https://stage.bedevious.co.uk/, but this doesn't work too well, is only graded B by SSL Labs and browsers like FireFox still throw a security warning.

Back